Author Topic: Servo2's City Rpg  (Read 3199 times)

This is my first topic in drama in 8 years. I'd like to point out how bad Servo2's City Rpg is.

Criminals can avoid all consequences by saying "paying demerits" in chat which is stated in the rules. This makes the cop's job entirely pointless except for finding and turning in people's drug bricks. However, everyone's drug bricks are inaccessible. I found one player in particular with a basement full of drugs who claimed the drugs could be accessed by paying him $23k. The host, Servo2, supported this. lol, why do people join this server? Suburbia is our only hope.

That is terrible indeed, but I don't see how it's drama worthy. Just another crappy host.

This has consistently been a problem in CityRPG gamemodes since they were first developed like 8 or 9 years ago. Everyone can just become a criminal with little to no consequence.

If I made a cityRPG i'd increase jail times for crimes tenfold and remove possibility of bail (because there's always that one rich douche on the server who bails his criminal friends out).

i can see criminals trying to rejoin on alts to avoid those jail times but i can easily detect them using the alt detector/ip tracer mods i use.

Also the entire concept of using drugs in city rpg's is really impractical. as you pointed out in the OP, all the criminals just hide their drugs behind walls or in unreachable basements and crap, and the police cant get to them. throw the whole drug system out, it doesnt work.

This has consistently been a problem in CityRPG gamemodes since they were first developed like 8 or 9 years ago. Everyone can just become a criminal with little to no consequence.

If I made a cityRPG i'd increase jail times for crimes tenfold and remove possibility of bail (because there's always that one rich douche on the server who bails his criminal friends out).

i can see criminals trying to rejoin on alts to avoid those jail times but i can easily detect them using the alt detector/ip tracer mods i use.
Also the entire concept of using drugs in city rpg's is really impractical. as you pointed out in the OP, all the criminals just hide their drugs behind walls or in unreachable basements and crap, and the police cant get to them. throw the whole drug system out, it doesnt work.
do you want to just make a freebuild with grinding or what

do you want to just make a freebuild with grinding or what
no that's a complete strawman of what i was saying. i'm saying that the current way city RPGs work, causes them to eventually just devolve into deathmatches with tons of people becoming criminals with little consequences. there needs to be a way to help encourage players to do more productive jobs, rather than all just becoming criminals.

no that's a complete strawman of what i was saying. i'm saying that the current way city RPGs work, causes them to eventually just devolve into deathmatches with tons of people becoming criminals with little consequences. there needs to be a way to help encourage players to do more productive jobs, rather than all just becoming criminals.
   it is what you are advocating as the only things to do in city rpg are participate in the various deathmatches, grind, or build. removing crime leaves grinding or building as the only things to do. "productive jobs" involve endlessly left clicking a brick with an axe/pick, or sitting around doing jack stuff in a shop selling things that are worthless (food) or already given by jobs (guns). you can't even sell for profit because someone will always be selling for no profit as there are infinite quantities of all goods available to sell making their prices entirely determined by how much cash it takes to spawn them. in the wake of the failure of all these other mechanics of course players resort to deathmatching to stave off the infinite boredom. if you want to make an actual city simulator you're going to need a lot more productive and enjoyable jobs and ways to discourage people from killing each other beyond removing them from the game for literal days at a time.

Well said.

or you could just not host a crpg at all

alternatively, get rid of the loving paying dems rule

noedit: or get rid of paying dems entirely

any kind of attempt I make to do my job as policeman on this server gets me banned. I enter someone's house using a door they forgot about. They complain to admins that I'm using glitches to get in. I get banned.

Cavik and I, are working together to make a new city rpg that will be released once it's ready, Drugs have to be accessible, and saying paying dems is not a thing, If you do a crime, you have to get to a police station before being arrested.

This is my first topic in drama in 8 years. I'd like to point out how bad Servo2's City Rpg is.

Criminals can avoid all consequences by saying "paying demerits" in chat which is stated in the rules. This makes the cop's job entirely pointless except for finding and turning in people's drug bricks. However, everyone's drug bricks are inaccessible. I found one player in particular with a basement full of drugs who claimed the drugs could be accessed by paying him $23k. The host, Servo2, supported this. lol, why do people join this server? Suburbia is our only hope.

I thought it was a known fact that Servo2's cityrpg is crap as his admins are even worse...