Author Topic: Touch pads (buying one)  (Read 1164 times)

I'm currently looking into buying a usb touch pad for my laptop. The two main reasons I want one are to take notes (that require drawings), do math homework and draw outlines for 2d sprites.

Here is the pad I am currently looking at: http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen_touch.php

It's $99 and an alright size. My main reason for looking into this one is my dad's coworker uses this pad and a professor at my university also uses a pad from this company. This pad supports pen input and multitouch.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Just use paper you lazy goon

I'm currently looking into buying a usb touch pad for my laptop. The two main reasons I want one are to take notes (that require drawings), do math homework and draw outlines for 2d sprites.

Here is the pad I am currently looking at: http://www.wacom.com/bamboo/bamboo_pen_touch.php

It's $99 and an alright size. My main reason for looking into this one is my dad's coworker uses this pad and a professor at my university also uses a pad from this company. This pad supports pen input and multitouch.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?
Hmm, for your needs I would definitely recommend this tablet, considering that you are able to interface with it through your hands, and not just the pen. It also is small, and good for a college environment. Go with it :)

Hmm, for your needs I would definitely recommend this tablet, considering that you are able to interface with it through your hands, and not just the pen. It also is small, and good for a college environment. Go with it :)

Thanks for the reassurance, I need it :P

On another note, are these are called tablets? I thought a tablet only meant a laptop with a touch screen.

I thought they were called something other than touch pads. The name escapes me. It's not a tablet, though.

Thanks for the reassurance, I need it :P

On another note, are these are called tablets? I thought a tablet only meant a laptop with a touch screen.

Tablets are sometimes laptops, but it typically refers to other products that Wacom (and other companies) sell that function as dedicated digital input devices for PCs.

They vary in price from $100 (the Bamboo I believe) to $2000+. More expensive versions feature larger interactive services, higher pressure sensitivity, and some of the most expensive models have built in screens (so you can see what you are drawing as you go).

I have a tablet laptop, but it is pretty stuffty because when i draw you gotta wait like a minute then see the line.

Double post, i appalogize for that. But does anyone have a recomendation for a tablet with a screen to plug into my desktop?

I want one so it will be easier to do homework, you can talk and it will type >:D

Tablets are sometimes laptops, but it typically refers to other products that Wacom (and other companies) sell that function as dedicated digital input devices for PCs.

They vary in price from $100 (the Bamboo I believe) to $2000+. More expensive versions feature larger interactive services, higher pressure sensitivity, and some of the most expensive models have built in screens (so you can see what you are drawing as you go).
Oh my god your still alive after that bus crash!