Author Topic: Connection problem in v14  (Read 585 times)

I don't know if this has been reported as a bug, and how many that get it. I think that this also have existed a while, but maybe there's a fix for it anyway. This happened more often after v14 release, and probably due the huge usage of the Master server when more than 150 servers is registered(Only a theory. No offense on the new awesome system.).
The bug is that the client suddenly freezes connection to the server by first lagging and then normally get stuck on 16 latency. The client can see everything that happens on the server and receive messages, but cannot send either messages nor commands, like when you walk or interact and such.
This fix I might have stumbled over was on a server, were one of the clients got stuck, and then the admin used demowand on him. Suddenly the client could continue like nothing have happened. This also works when the admin fetches the victim.
To conclude, what I believe that happen is that when the client lag, the server temporary lost the connection(/schedule) to the client, but when someone interact with the clients player, it updates the connection, and the client connection is back.
I(or any other random person) could make an add-on for this, were it checks the position of the player, and then reposition it a few millimeters up or such, forcing it to update the connection, until Badspot have fixed this. There could also be any other way doing it, so come with suggestions.

If anyone would like to confirm, disagree or come with ideas, please post.

This is a known problem with Torque.

This is a known problem with Torque.
Still, it can be fixed somewhat...

There is already a "fix" for this in v15. It has nothing to do with the master server.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:18:21 PM by Ephialtes »