Author Topic: You guys may think I'm kinda "childish", but...  (Read 2140 times)

Is anyone else having a problem with MS? Whenever I try to start the game, it says:

"GameGuard: Error Initializing (153)
A GameGuard file is corrupt or missing. We recommend executing the GameGuard set up file for solution."

So, I deleted the GameGuard file itself, then when I tried again, it said the same thing, so I went to check my files, and the GameGuard file was BACK. I'm so pissed right now. I want to get Maplestory playing again.

Ambiguous title but no I haven't played in a long time. I can check on 3 computers if you want, however.
By the way, when I had that error previously, I fixed it by reinstalling MS. Not even kidding.
Edit: By the way, never delete a file from a game's folder.


Reinstall.
Great, now I feel like playing it again.

Ambigous title
Hurr.

DOUBLE TOAST:
Does MapleStory even still use GameGuard?
Mine says "Ahnlab HackShield" when I start up.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:57:56 PM by Skip »

Ambiguous title but no I haven't played in a long time. I can check on 3 computers if you want, however.
By the way, when I had that error previously, I fixed it by reinstalling MS. Not even kidding.
Edit: By the way, never delete a file from a game's folder.

Thanks. Now I have to leave my computer running all night... Crap.

DOUBLE TOAST:
Does MapleStory even still use GameGuard?
Mine says "Ahnlab Hackshield" when I start up.
They changed it over. Maybe he's running an older version. :)
Anyways, yeah, I hated that. It even timed out three times.

They changed it over. Maybe he's running an older version. :)
Anyways, yeah, I hated that. It even timed out three times.

I got the most recent version today and installed the patch for it.

What the hell?

I looked in the folder again, and now it has GameGuard AND HShield. Now I'm wondering what the hell to do.

What the hell?

I looked in the folder again, and now it has GameGuard AND HShield. Now I'm wondering what the hell to do.

abso-loving-lutely nothing.

just delete the entire folder and move on. Any nexon game sucks.

Any nexon game sucks.
MapleStory isn't that bad.
Every other Nexon game sucks, though.

MapleStory isn't that bad.
Every other Nexon game sucks, though.

Maplestory was pretty cool.

MapleStory isn't that bad.
Every other Nexon game sucks, though.
I found it boring compared to Mabinogi.

I found it boring compared to Mabinogi.
I haven't tried it yet.
I think it's the only Nexon game I haven't played.

I haven't tried it yet.
I think it's the only Nexon game I haven't played.
I dislike Mabinogi. It's really damn confusing. :S
I tried it December 26th-27th and I couldn't understand stuff. Audition, by Nexon (formerly, was a really fun game though (although extremely fruity :cookieMonster:)