16 (23.5%)
Yay!
16 (23.5%)
spamm
7 (10.3%)
basplat
29 (42.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: ARES - OHAY IM ALIVE!  (Read 520222 times)

Index

News
Rules
App Info
Memberlist
Clan Things

NEWS THAT IS NEW NOW
News

May 1st I have kept good on my promise to restart the clan AGAIN. We're an RP clan now. All sorts a stuff, just ask.
  • Hoster

History

Originally started in early 2009, ISBC merged with the emergent clan ASI. However, after six months of inactivity, ASI collapsed. Comr4de, the lovey courageous leader of the ISBC, decided that He was a disappoint with these actions. He promptly decided to make this thread, and therefore restart the ISBC. Later, after many spam pms involving a certain phone company, Com changed the name. And then he changed it again. And also we piss chrono off a lot.

Rules

• Have fun!
  • Do not spam ARES servers.
  • Clan tags don't have to be worn all the time, but try to wear them on clan servers.
  • Respect your fellow members and other players.
  • Try to stay in cahracter.
Member-specific Rules
  • Act respectable ingame and in this thread. I cannot stress how important this is.
  • Do not abuse admin rights. I will not tolerate this at all.
  • There is a difference between fun and stuffposting.
  • If you have an issue with another clan member take it elsewhere. I do not have time to settle your disputes, do it yourselves.
  • There is now a strict consequence system. If I have to warn you, I will, and it will be your only warning. Next time your behavior becomes an issue I WILL kick you out of the clan.

App Info

No apping; to be selected for entry just RP, if we like the way you roll, we'll consider letting you in.

Members

• Comr4de - ID 11152
  • Tingalz - ID 11532
  • Tophat - ID 8917
  • Rednef - ID 13591
  • Kyzor - ID 11024-
  • Hugums: ID 2042
  • Vionix - ID 13907
  • Kohna - ID 6537
  • Skip- ID 807
  • Riot - ID 9735

Clan Things

Required Add-Ons for Servers

Old Clan Builds

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:29:36 PM by comr4de »

Today I was messaged on steam about wether or not ARES or BAN (two relatively prominent blockland clans) would ever return. I was able to reply quickly. Never. I thought back to my first days on blockland, the days of BAN and NWB. I thought back to the formation of ISBC, then ASI, then ISBC again, then ION, and finally of the glory days of ARES. I thought about the construction of the Argos, and the Danube. I thought about being accepted to BAN on the eve of my Philmont trip. I remember the drama concerning our post count, and how everyone in the ARES thread could care less; they were having the times of their lives. But more importantly, I thought about what I learned about friendship and understanding. The lessons I learned with those two clans changed me as a person. However, nothing lasts forever, and it's someone else's turn to forge boldly into the future. No more will those legendary clans show aspiring clans how they should model themselves. What remnants of the classical clans still remain are fading now. Upstart clans like Krypt and Colleagues are even now observing the effects of reality on their already precarious situations. Eventually, they too will fall, and newer clans will rise, leading the community into the future.

Those "glory days" of mine were not completely without blemish. Eventually, ARES fell from grace. We were obsolete. Our gimmick, the Argos, was old news. I tried to hold the clan together by essentially making the members hostages of my own desires. Of course, this failed, and we all went our separate ways. I made the mistake of trusting Jimmg. And then I made it again. And again. Until finally I destroyed what little camaraderie we had left; I posted the "Sue is a Man" topic. I thought it was the funniest thing. I thought I had finally defeated my own self-perceived demons within my past. I was wrong. I destroyed some of the closest friendships I had, and it took me months to repair them. If I could go back and take back one thing I ever did, it would be that.

As I thought more, I told that same person that ARES and BAN were not great because of their titles or their accomplishments, but instead their sense of friendship teamwork. A clan is supposed to be a conglomerate of like-minded builders, thinkers, and eventers. Anything else will surely be doomed to failure.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:37:36 PM by comr4de »

Awesome ship.
Thanks. :D

I'm hosting it in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:49:51 PM by Sebster 105 »

-snip-
Edit that post or I will blacklist you.

Edit: Unless, of course, you can explain what that has to do with the clan.

Dusty has her way.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:08:20 PM by comr4de »

Edit that post or I will blacklist you.
Put -snip- in the quote

Comr4de, calm down. It's not like we can't have an occasional funny or go off-topic talking about other things.

Why isn't MARINE CORP and CLAN BUILD(S) underlined? :c

Comr4de, calm down. It's not like we can't have an occasional funny or go off-topic talking about other things.
Ugh, fine.

Couldn't resist, sorry
It's alright, apparently
It's not like we can't have an occasional funny or go off-topic talking about other things.

Occasional is different from constant. You always take things too far comr4de.