Author Topic: BASM  (Read 8631 times)

Kabermp. I am prototyping the mod's code and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my dilemma: to specify commands/things like commands, do you want to have an input box where you could input commands, and things like that, or do you want a huge ass list of all the commands possible? I am leaning more toward having the free form input box. What are your thoughts?

Oh my, this is a record for me (at least as far as I can remember)! Triple post. Suggestions are welcome. If you don't understand this mod, I would encourage one to post so that I may clarify it for you! The development of this mod has started, so user feedback is needed.

Think of a Modification Discussion thread like a blog, it doesn't matter if you triple post or something. Also you have no users so there is nobody to give user feedback.

Bump. Development has really started to boom.

I worked a couple of hours learning Torque Script, and have started to write the add-on.

and have started to write the add-on.

Announcing a project before you have any work done on it is usually a bad idea.

Announcing a project before you have any work done on it is usually a bad idea.
Not exactly, Torque Script isn't hard at all, and I have done a decent amount of work on the mod already. Besides I have seen many good Add-Ons have their own Mod Discussion post before they were released/were still in dev.

Not exactly, Torque Script isn't hard at all, and I have done a decent amount of work on the mod already. Besides I have seen many good Add-Ons have their own Mod Discussion post before they were released/were still in dev.
Keywords in my statement:
"usually", "any"

This seems like a really neat idea. I'm looking forward to it.

Truthfully...I do not know what 'wire mod' is ._.
Wire mod is some mod for Garry'sMod that you can make computer stuff+some other complicated things.

OnTopic: This seems cool, hope you get some noticeable progress on it!

Wire mod is some mod for Garry'sMod that you can make computer stuff+some other complicated things.

OnTopic: This seems cool, hope you get some noticeable progress on it!
I haven't really been able to make noticeable progress due to the fact that I have finals over the next couple of days. I will be making some good progress during spring break ;D

Bump. I need suggestions.

Bump :D I have developed more of the mod, and am currently working on the 'mov' mnemonic.

So what are you planning to do with this?

I mean, It would be an overkill way to do some maths within blockland?
I wonder if it is possible, to make something like an screen, Where you can draw on pixel by pixel.(think of dynamic print bricks)

This just seems to be a long-winded and complicated way of doing whatever the variable events do. Nobody is going to bother reading an instruction manual to create events in Blockland, they will just ask and bug people.
I've read the manual :C waste of 20 minutes though

Those who don't read one need to be shunned for their lack of common sense, and not helped until they do so.

So what are you planning to do with this?

I mean, It would be an overkill way to do some maths within blockland?
I wonder if it is possible, to make something like an screen, Where you can draw on pixel by pixel.(think of dynamic print bricks)
Many things, people will be able to create functional computer chips, small computer kernels, operating systems, and other gadgets. ( Note that programming in virtual Asm IN another game raises your geek level by 100%, but that's a good thing :D ).
Those who don't read one need to be shunned for their lack of common sense, and not helped until they do so.
Indeed, though I don't know if I could pack a manual as large as the PDF that I am writing into an in-game reference; this is not a trivial addon.