Rain Smell

Author Topic: Rain Smell  (Read 2897 times)

Am I the only one who is obsessed with the smell outside after a long rain? I also love walking in the rain, though every time I try to tell that to someone they all quickly retort how they utterly hate it. What are your thoughts?

You are not alone, friend.

It's an unexplainable smell, but that's what makes it unique and one of the best smells in the world.

Pretty sure it's my favorite smell.

I like walking outside when it's raining :D

Also, do you mean the smell of wet grass and soil? Or just rain on it's own?
Either way it's a strangely nice smell :o

I like the smell right before it rains. Here in Virginia, you get a very distinct smell about a half hour before a shower comes when that nice cold wind starts to blow through laden with moisture.

Best smell ever. <33 I love the smell after the rain best, because it's when everything smells and feels fresh and clean again.

Fresh cut wood smells good too.

Yea, here in Washington I get that smell often due to the high amount of rain. I always like taking breaks from whatever I am doing and just taking a walk, whether I get soaked or not.

Basically cut grass, water, wood, soil, wet grass/wood/soil and 90% of the natural things that we overlook our daily lives smell great.
Also, how many people like walking outside when it's raining? :D

Basically cut grass
I love that smell too, but I get light hay fever, any my eyes get all itchy :'(

Poor Rad, my cousin gets Hay fever too so I vaguely know what it's like :c

Offtopic: I feel like playing Clonk Rage right now, but god damnit I'm too tired....
Wonder how artists feel when they get inspiration but are too tired to do anything about it :l

Wonder how artists feel when they get inspiration but are too tired to do anything about it :l
They feel tired.