Poll

Make a map by the name of Underworld?

Yes
No
Make heaven instead
I'm not an athiest..
Make something besides those..

Author Topic: Ikes Peak  (Read 11450 times)

Really not replying this alot because this did not get alot of positive feedback.
If it did i may make lava version, but i have more map plans in mind that will be alot better than this or Isles of Blockland.

HI TWIG!!! :D ITS MEH TWIG!! :D!!
Now comes AWESOME INTRODUCION OF FRIENDS! :D

I'm sorry, but I do not see in any way how this is good.
No offense, but camel hump mountains never look good, more so when they are just random spires in the middle of nowhere.

Curse you twig!!!!!!!!!!!! DOGFIGHTS IS MY SPEACIALTY!!!! YOU HAVE MADE ME MAKE ANOTHER ONE OF MY MANY DOFIGHTS I HAVE MADE!!!!!! WHY.
Get out

This already has been stated, and you have done absolutely nothing contributive through this post.

This thread almost makes me ashamed of some of the members here. This map isn't anything special, I'd put money on me making it in under 10 minutes, it's very amateurish, and this comment:
I suppose, but it beats the other maps made by "not-well-known" map makers.
... just baffles me. "Not well-known" map makers? Are you inferring you're a veteran mapper and are well known? Just scrolling back 5 pages I only see 2 threads by you and both maps aren't anything amazing. Default textures, amateur terraform work, no custom interior work.
I'm sorry, but I do not see in any way how this is good.
No offense, but camel hump mountains never look good, more so when they are just random spires in the middle of nowhere.
Perfect advice right here too.
For example, look at Aph's work:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40678.0
He made pyramids and bridges and tunnels, has custom textures, has some interesting settings, and everything looks decent. Not the best, most amazing thing ever, but it's decent. I'm not ragging on you for being new to mapping, I'm criticizing you and the commenters here for overrating what is, in-reality, a very sloppy, lazy, and overall lacking-in-quality work. Please try harder, and stop with that attitude.