Author Topic: An Odd Sound Error  (Read 746 times)

I'm currently wearing a logitech USB headset, and I am playing Fallout 3.

A few minutes ago, I was talking to Moira Brown to finish the Wasteland Survival Guide quest. Half way through the conversation, the conversation's sound stopped playing. It also did not play when I talked to anybody else, like my follower, Jericho. I decided to go on without the sound for the conversations for a bit, and go to Rivet City to finish the Replicated Man quest. When I got there, I ended up moving a bit, and the audio came back to the conversations I've been having. So, when I tilt my head more toward the monitor, the sound stops, and when I tilt it away, the sound continues. But, it is only the conversations that stop playing. Gunshots, small chit-chat that is overheard, and other sounds still play.

Anybody have an answer to why this happens?

Ferst poast w00t!!1!!11

You need a better connection between your headset and your computer, same thing happens for my guitar amp, if the cord isn't facing a certain direction, nothing happens.

I have a short in my earphones that does that.

Are the voices somehow on a different channel of output? That's really strange.

bump

problem worse. now no audio is being received unless I'm in a certain spot of my room. What the forget?

Headphones tend to be pieces of stuff, I always have a pair that do that for some gay reason.

Offtopic: Is the Replicated Man quest the one where you have to find a series of holographs?

Headphones tend to be pieces of stuff, I always have a pair that do that for some gay reason.

Offtopic: Is the Replicated Man quest the one where you have to find a series of holographs?
What.

I get clearer audio with my Razer headset than I do with my LED TV.

What.

I get clearer audio with my Razer headset than I do with my LED TV.

Maybe it's just me but nearly every headset I've used sucks aside from my old iPod ones.

Maybe it's just me but nearly every headset I've used sucks aside from my old iPod ones.
Earbuds aren't headsets.

is not the same as (regardless of microphone).

Trust me, a quality headset will have twice the quality that earbuds don't usually give.

that quest seriously took me a year on my first run through. I don't really give much of a stuff about holotapes or chitchat with NPCs.

also, this headset seriously gave me better results than my sound system.