Author Topic: A new weapon idea I might start working on.....  (Read 975 times)

In short I was think of making a more realistic (fairer) version of the Rocket Launcher. I realize there already are a few variations, like the RPG-7 and such (which I though was on the Crapons list), but I wanted to make a rocket launcher type weapon that you could put in any TDM without ruining your game because everyone will just choose it and it'll turn into people going around firing rockets off at anything that moves.

So, I'll probably be creating a bigger, heavier rocket launcher that has more recoil and a longer reload time, possibly even limited shots per item, in an effort to balance it out with some of the more commonly accepted TDM/CTF weapons. Not to mention changing the damage on the new weapon so it doesn't allow you to super jump with it, as that just not only adds to, but doubles over the attraction of it over any other weapon that might be available. I'll probably be taking this change to practice modeling, as I didn't start too long ago, and will be making the projectile and weapon models over again.

So, can anyone think of any other rocket launcher type weapons that exist other than the RPG? And does this sound like a horrible idea?

tl;dr    Anyone think I should make a more realistic (less overpowered/new models) version of the rocket launcher, so it might become a way to make a rocket launcher type weapon feasible in TDM type games without unbalancing classes and such?

Great Idea ,list of RLS
First off the DISPOSABLE ONES:
The Mt4HS (SERECTLY DEVELOPED BY PANDAN)
Second the RPG Types:
RPG 7
And other Set of RPGS
RLs:
SMAW
JAVELIN
Yet others to come.

We already have much rpg's no need for more

We already have much rpg's no need for more

You do realize an RPG and a Rocket Launcher are different, right?
Also, yeah I got the RPG's too, they have the same problem, not as much, but still, I could find stuff to change.
Lastly, there's tons of guns out, and if you want to get specific you could even say there's many types of shotgun, yet people still make more.

(I personally have 4 different shotgun add-ons, that means someone made one while there were 3 already out)

I did have a Ballistic RL that I made awhile back, and it was the first thing that I released/made really, and it kinda the description of what you are making, but of course it got failed. Whatever you do, make the missiles somewhat ballistic, or it's just like a slow super-sniper. Here's a pic of something:

I did have a Ballistic RL that I made awhile back, and it was the first thing that I released/made really, and it kinda the description of what you are making, but of course it got failed. Whatever you do, make the missiles somewhat ballistic, or it's just like a slow super-sniper. Here's a pic of something:

Why'd it get failed?

Ehhh, it was my first add-on, and I was confused. I forgot to ask for permission to use the HRL model(a lot less boring than the RL model) :O. I was just so excited to post it. I might re-post it, but I don't like default edits much :S