Author Topic: Is this a decent graphics card?  (Read 4800 times)

I'm trying to find a better card for my computer. But I'm on a very low budget right now, I found a good card on newegg and it seems decent. Since I'm not a master at computer things, I will let you guys decide if this is good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127469

If it's not that good, it would help to find me one under 40 dollars, with shipping, no rebates because they are annoying.

Discuss.

Bump :C

Also, I forgot my DxDiag, if it helps.

I was getting a 9400, about a few models under yours. But now, I'm getting one of the new IONs in my new HP.

Personally, I think that a Radeon HD4650 is better, and from what I know, its cheaper.

Nevermind, so far the cheapest is $45.

Save up your money bro. That card was outdated years ago.

If you want a 'decent' card then you'll need to fork out over $100.

Save up your money bro. That card was outdated years ago.

If you want a 'decent' card then you'll need to fork out over $100.
What do you mean? My friend can run BC2, MW2 and Just Cause 2 on high with that card.

I was getting a 9400, about a few models under yours. But now, I'm getting one of the new IONs in my new HP.
One model below yours. Not a few.

An ION is for workstations. Aka computers that render pretty movies like Up or Finding Nemo that pixar uses. Not for gaming.
Also you have just about the same computer I used to have minus the fact that I had an 8600GT and only 1GB RAM.

If you can dish out another $30-40 you should go for this 9600GT.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162030

An ION is for workstations. Aka computers that render pretty movies like Up or Finding Nemo that pixar uses. Not for gaming.
Also you have just about the same computer I used to have minus the fact that I had an 8600GT and only 1GB RAM.
It's an integrated type chip that's pretty good for integrated.

It's an integrated type chip that's pretty good for integrated.
Ah, really?

Thought it was a workstation card.

Still, integrated, depressed.jpg

What do you mean? My friend can run BC2, MW2 and Just Cause 2 on high with that card.

With 5fps? Seriously?

On a 9500GT? I'm calling bull.

With 5fps? Seriously?

I saw this review on Newegg: "Great speed, very quiet, amazing details in games and videos! I am now able to run all of my games at high or maximum graphics settings. Was weary at first of a re-certified item, but I'm very glad I bought this card. Definitely worth $25 dollars, couldn't have gotten a better deal anywhere else. Can't wait to put this thing to its full potential!"

This makes me nervous about the legitimacy of the reviews of the GTX260 I just bought that also say I can run all of my games on high or max settings.

Edit: after reading reviews and seeing how cheap it is, I might buy this and pop it into my current computer. It runs off mobo power and looks pretty good. Thoughts?

I've actually been looking for something cheaper than the HD4650, for my other computer.