Poll

Should the new bricks be included as a default in the next version?

Yes
60 (90.9%)
No
1 (1.5%)
I wouldn't use them, but the option is nice.
5 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: New Bricks... *Gasp* THAT ARE USEFUL!?  (Read 4618 times)

Recently I've noticed the large influx of new bricks that are actually useful. By this, I mean interesting new bricks. Not just a brick pack with bricks that are new measurements, or larger baseplates and/or cubes, not things like that. Ones that a lot of people, including myself, have been asking for for a long time in the Suggestions and Requests forum. For examples....

-Spike Brick (Which now has a ceiling addition!)
-Round Corners (Which also allows you to build thicker columns, and tubes!)
-Extra Ramps (While the measurements are a bit odd, they have some interesting ideas, like rounded ramps and cones.)
-Multiple New Windows (Different sizes, different colors, and my personal favorite, ramped!)
-Pole Bricks (Skinny, and in 1x3, 1x1, and 1x1/3, makes fences much less tacky.)

It's allowed me and other people to build lots of exciting and new things, I think it's made builds a lot more visually interesting with all the options and ways to go. I say that I'm a better builder, but I think a lot of it has to do with how many more options have gradually been added in. Which brings the question and discussion of this thread... what was stopping us from making these earlier? Have people's desires and/or needs changed since the beginning of Blockland? And what do you think about all these new bricks?

I think that they should be included in the next update. They are joys to build with.

We have not made these bricks previously because it was the destiny of Tophius, the sole prophet of the god of bricks, to make them and bring us out of the dark ages of default bricks.

I also think they should be default, only after he changes the curved wall bricks to be 5 high like the rest of the wall bricks default in Blockland, instead of 6 high, as they are now.

I agree. They're great and useful, though I do not find spike bricks and colored windows as seemingly practical. Then again, I didn't try them yet or think of any uses for them. However, I do hope to see some fun stuff with them in the future.

I agree. They're great and useful, though I do not find spike bricks and colored windows as seemingly practical. Then again, I didn't try them yet or think of any uses for them. However, I do hope to see some fun stuff with them in the future.
Spikes: Deathruns
Colored Windows: Multicolored build?

Tom

You forgot about mine D:

They are nice, but are pretty much useless until we have BLB downloading. (right now people who have not downloaded the brick packs will see boxes instead of custom shapes) I think I would much rather have custom BLB downloading instead of adding a ton of bricks to the default list.

Spikes: Deathruns
Colored Windows: Multicolored build?
I dont like the multicolored windows they need to be paintable fx/need to be animated for rainbow fx.

I dont like the multicolored windows they need to be paintable fx/need to be animated for rainbow fx.
Good idea.

This topic needs a poll with the question, "Should the bricks be included in the next update?"

no, not really, it would be nice though, but remember, thi game is named: BLOCKland

no, not really, it would be nice though, but remember, thi game is named: BLOCKland
Yes because keeping loyal to the specifics of part of the title is better than improving it.
BOX HOUSES ARE THE BEST
We should totally replace all the vehicles, weapons and player types and replace them with GIANT BLOCKS because this is called BLOCKLAND! YES!
Ramps? Trees? Rounds? These are not blocks!! What is WRONG with you Eric???

No.

I personally think all those mentioned should be made default. The only problem I've ever encountered with them is that people that haven't gotten them don't see the shape.

You could make shapes with BLOCKS.

You could make shapes with BLOCKS.
Yes, you try making a window  out of bricks that looks as good and is as easily useable as the ones in the window packs.
Or spikes, that are actually spiked at the top.
Or round corners, that don't leave you with jagged edges.

I like these new bricks, although you do need the imagination and ideas to use them to their fullest, they're really good.
I think it would be fine to have some of these bricks added in as default bricks, mainly the Ramped windows/Corners once the aforemention problems are fixed.
Otherwise, BLB downloading, optionally, would be brilliant, if possible.

There's really just one brick that I personally want that I myself haven't seen made, which is the Upside down 1x1x1 Round Cone. Just an Upside-Down version of the default, since there are a lot of things which would be made with something like that.