Author Topic: Remove Console from Tilde  (Read 1503 times)

Is there a way to make the tilde being typeable and NOT putting up that console thing?
It bugs me. And I don't use it.

Why do you need ~ for?

You can't type ~ in messages anyway.

*clears throat*

LOL!!! xDDDD~~~

No.
Shouldn't this be in Suggestions/Requests anyways?

He is probably talking about when you go up to press escape but you press tilde on accident.

The tilde is the most common key to map the console to, so I believe that it is hard coded into the game and you can't change it.

It would be quite simple to make an add-on that does globalactionmap.unbind("keyboard","~"); or whatever it is.

He is probably talking about when you go up to press escape but you press tilde on accident.
Then just type disconnect(1); and you're fine.

It would be quite simple to make an add-on that does globalactionmap.unbind("keyboard","~"); or whatever it is.
Can't you do this.. in.. idk, the co

Can't you do this.. in.. idk, the co
Have fun trying to close the console when you're done.
Actually you can probably type in a command to close the console.

I'm pretty sure you can send messages with a ~ in them and the way I've always done it is just copy and paste it in from notepad.

Also it's technically the ` key because to type ~ you need to hold down shift. So when you're looking for the bind search for `.       

My tilde doesn't even work in Blockland.  :cookieMonster:

Even if you do manage to unbind it from ~, you can't use that character in chat. It gets filtered out for I don't know what reason.

My Caps Lock doesn't work in Blockland. D:

Is it that weird Vista thing, because I have that. Easy to fix but it unfixes itself after you log-off/shut-down/lock your computer and the permanent solution doesn't work for me. :V