Author Topic: Cannot host a server anymore?  (Read 3329 times)

I think it was a few days before RTB v3.4 came out that I found out I couldn't host my server anymore.

I deleted unused add-ons to save space and yet that didn't work. Maybe I should get around to deleting my idle crap-ons? I don't know. I can still go to servers but when I host, nobody comes and some of my friends I invite can't get on.

What's the case?

What does it say when your friends try to get on?

What does it say when your friends try to get on?
It doesn't say "Sending Challenge Request". It only shows the first line, which I guess connects to IP.

I've tried restarting and get the same result.

DUDE im having the same problem!!! ill tell you if I find out how.

It doesn't say "Sending Challenge Request". It only shows the first line, which I guess connects to IP.

I've tried restarting and get the same result.
You need to port forward.

No he just messed up somthing like me, in my case, I cleared my DNS Cache, I HATE MYSELF FOR DOING THAT.

And if port forwarding doesn't work, them what?

And if port forwarding doesn't work, them what?
Then you need a more experienced player then me to help you.

Same here. *sigh* If only I could contact Badspot...

To have the ability to host successfully you need to have one and ONLY ONE of the following.
Correct port forwarding Rule
Port 28000 UDP+TCP forwarded to YOUR internal IP address (found by command prompt -> ipconfig).
If you already have this, check the internal IP address, if you are using DHCP this may have changed.

UPnP Enabled
By far the more simple option, also gives you an accurate ping on server browser. Usually located under "advanced options" in your router.

Do not have both enabled; this causes conflict.

I cleared my DNS Cache, I HATE MYSELF FOR DOING THAT.
That has nothing to do with this. Your DNS cache stores the IPs of domains you visit, such as google.com. Clearing the cache just means your computer has to ask a DNS server for google.com's IP.

You dont need to port forward, check the V.14 Update.

Why TCP?
Ohsht, sorry; I was looking at the rule below - Blonde moment.