Author Topic: Help me fix a Cigarette riddled computer [Live]  (Read 1363 times)

http://www.livestream.com/mackenzieschannel

Alright. First off.

My uncle dropped this off at my house to fix, apparently he gets a blank screen at startup (Not posting).

So I gotta figure out how to fix it, because he says if I can fix it I can have it (I'll use it for a Blockland dedicated :D)

You guys seem to know a stuffload about computers, help me out if you can.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:57:01 PM by MackTheHunter »

does it show the bios or anything like that. if it does you may need to reinstall windows

Damnit.

Sorry mack, I can't make a channel.

Have this pic

if I can fix it I cant have it (I'll use it for a Blockland dedicated :D)
?

fixed

also, it's posting BIOS, and I got the Windows loading screen, but it kept loading forever

also, it's posting BIOS, and I got the Windows loading screen, but it kept loading forever

so what, you can't wait a single eternity to play a game?

do you like have ADD or something

so what, you can't wait a single eternity to play a game?

do you like have ADD or something

Hey. The hard drive was showing no indication, and it stayed in a loading loop for 30 minutes. No thanks.

We just took his hard drive out and plugged it into our other MDG PC downstairs. Holy stuff.

He's got like, 20 viruses. First thing that happened was that Avast FREAKED OUT. we found an entire folder full of research, etc, etc. His drivers are also corrupted.

Wow this is stuff

ALL of the drivers are missing. Network adapter, Display, Sound, everything. Everything is stuck in 4-bit textures at 800x600 resolution with no sound and no internet connection.

Ugh I hate MDG for this soul reason

Winston tastes good like a cigarette should.  :cookieMonster:

It may be a side effect of all the supposed viruses. I would opt for a re-installation with the Windows CD. The fact that your computer isn't booting up may be a hardware issue, or it may be a corrupted boot sector on your HD. As denoted before, a Windows CD will probably fix some things.

I have a different hard drive in it. the old one was 80gb, this one is 120 (lolololol my good PC has 650gb :D)

I just need the driver disk from it... Damn MDG...

was the researcho good

Offtopic:

You guys seem to know a stuffload about computers, help me out if you can.

Yes, but your trolled with over 50 posts saying "SPOILED BRAT, THAT stuffS EXPENSIVE" when you ask for help on buying new gaming PC parts that are more then 500$, and "DAMN OP IS STUPID" when buying a new computer, asking if the specs are good.

ONTOPIC:

Send it to support. Should cost 50$

But buying a new computer completely, is around 500$ or so

50$ or 600$ buying a new computer, you decide