Author Topic: Milkshape 3D: Making a Tube  (Read 2388 times)

I've been screwing around in milkshape, and I know how models work (mind you) and I don't know how to make a tube. Do you have to make it manually, or is there a preset like the sphere for it? Or is it that I haven't explored MS3D for that much and need to screw around more?
SOS.

EDIT: Come on, 19 views, no replies? Come on. Am I that unpopular?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:58:26 AM by 300spartan »

Get a vertical cylinder, extrude both of it's top surfaces, scale these new faces down and make sure they're flat with the cylinder's surfaces, then extrude again and scale them on the y by 0.0000001 so they're flush flat in the centre, then delete the centre faces. You'll have a hollow tube.
If you want a tube with a one-sided hollow, just extrude one top surface, scale it down and extrude downwards to the required depth.

Or is it that I haven't explored MS3D for that much and need to screw around more?
Probably. I can't use MilkShape, but I want to try it. Unfortunately, Norman Antivirus thinks MilkShape is a virus.

Use the torus shape, and extrude it.

Get a vertical cylinder, extrude both of it's top surfaces, scale these new faces down and make sure they're flat with the cylinder's surfaces, then extrude again and scale them on the y by 0.0000001 so they're flush flat in the centre, then delete the centre faces. You'll have a hollow tube.
If you want a tube with a one-sided hollow, just extrude one top surface, scale it down and extrude downwards to the required depth.
Thank you, but, it's kinda hard to follow...

Probably. I can't use MilkShape, but I want to try it. Unfortunately, Norman Antivirus thinks MilkShape is a virus.

Its Norton you loving putz.

Tools -> Extended Primitives but its like liking in a separate model so its a bit useless, Majority of things in Milkshape 3D you Must do yourself, any shortcuts are usually bad techniques of modelling.
E.g.