Copyright

Author Topic: Copyright  (Read 1651 times)

I am thinking about making a BL version of a game, although last time i did this a person who made the game got pissed.
I'm just curious if making a BL version of "http://armorgames.com/play/5272/balloon-in-a-wasteland" would be legal.
Note: I'm getting off for the night, i'll read tomarrow.

I am confused. You want to make Blockland a flash game?

I am confused. You want to make Blockland a flash game?
No, I think he wants to make a flash game in Blockland.

He wants to make a build in Blockland that replicates a flash game.

I'd ask the creator of said game for permission.

You could ask the creator if you wanted, but let's face it, Blockland contains hundreds of versions of other games.

Last time I checked they cant do anything about it unless you're selling it.

He wants to make a build in Blockland that replicates a flash game.

I'd ask the creator of said game for permission.
Did you ask VALVe to make that portal build?I don't think so.

Balloon in a wasteland is fun, though doesn't seem like the thing you'd put in blockland at all really.

It's legal as long as you don't sell your build, lol.

Just put a link to the game and the dev's website.

I think he'd appreciate that.

Balloon in a wasteland is fun, though doesn't seem like the thing you'd put in blockland at all really.

Kinda what I was thinking, I think it'd be boring.

I highly doubt Reg asked the creators of TF2 for permission or the makers of Portal for permission. I don't think anyone asked anyone for permission. You should be fine as long as it isn't exact or anything.

I highly doubt Reg asked the creators of TF2 for permission or the makers of Portal for permission.

Portal and TF2 were both made by Valve.

On Topic: I think it should be fine. Just maybe give the game creator's name.

Did i ever say something about making Portal?
I don't think so.
But thank you.
Edit: Ima get to work on it now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:22:11 PM by sucon »

http://copyright.gov/fls/fl108.html
Copyright does not protect the idea for a game, its name or title, or the method or methods for playing it. Nor does copyright protect any idea, system, method, device, or trademark material involved in developing, merchandising, or playing a game. Once a game has been made public, nothing in the copyright law prevents others from developing another game based on similar principles. Copyright protects only the particular manner of an author’s expression in literary, artistic, or musical form.

You managed to post the second i locked it... Good job.
And thank you.