Author Topic: Help: Blockland Randomly Crashing  (Read 1488 times)

Well my brother has been trying to play Blockland and for some reason the game just stops responding and he gets the error message "Blockland has stopped working."

He's running Windows Vista Home Premium on Service Pack 2, 3 GB of RAM and it's a 64-bit OS.

I told him to uninstall blockland and install again but that hasn't helped him at all, same problem occurs and also sometimes ghost bricks disappear depending on the angle he is looking at them.

Here is the consol trace.
Some help or suggestions on what we could do would be appreciated, thanks.

Upload his console log.

Upload his console log.
This

Also, make sure he installed Blockland to C:/, or whatever your hard drive is, not into Program Files, that's been known to cause some mishaps.

Oh! I could have sworn I included his log. Must have been when the page failed to load, alright I'll add it. Sorry about that

Ok so uploading the console log via attachment was not ever going to work. Sorry but I had to use mediafire, thanks for your patience.

Console log

3 questions
when does the game stop working?
do you share the same id?
what does it say when it crashes?
does it say something like this:
Code: [Select]
fxDTSBrick is still rendering

I HAD THAT YESTERDAY! D:

3 questions
when does the game stop working?
do you share the same id?
what does it say when it crashes?
does it say something like this:

It randomly crashes with the message "Blockland has stopped responding". He could be building or just standing there, or in the middle of typing a sentence.
He has his own ID
"Blockland has stopped responding"
No it doesn't say that, although if that were the problem I wouldn't bother posting.

I looked through the add-ons part, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. I also looked at the end and it seems to be just a random crash. I'll look again.

Yeah I cannot place what could be wrong with it. His Blockland is installed in the C:/ directory, could that be the issue? I don't understand why that would cause any issues as he has full permissions so...

it could be the computer itself the firewall or fxDTSBrick, who knows

You didn't have to upload the console.log to Mediafire. The forums will allow you to upload it straight to the forums.

Firewall shouldn't terminate a program in the way Blockland is being quitted but rather block it from starting. It's not the brick glitch, I assure you. He will literally just be standing there and Blockland just quits. There is a solution, and it's not the computer as it is well more than capable of running Blockland. Before v15 it worked just fine and would never do this so I'm led to believe it's a problem with Blockland itself.

swollow, I appreciate your effort but I don't believe you know what you are talking about.

You didn't have to upload the console.log to Mediafire. The forums will allow you to upload it straight to the forums.
Yes I did as we are only allowed to upload a file size of 512 kb's and the console log is 17 mb's.