Author Topic: Two very handy yet unadvertised forum features  (Read 1380 times)

Ever wish you had a list of topics which you replied to or posted which has had other people reply to, or a list of the most recent posts?  Actually, the Blockland forums actually has such a feature!

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=unreadreplies
This url will show any topic which you have posted in and has replies you haven't read yet.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=unread
This url shows the most recent posts you haven't read yet.

While there are no links for these handy forum features on the forums, they are fully functional.  Instead of having the Bl forums bookmarked in my browser, I have the new replies page bookmarked, so any time I wish to see what people have said in response to my posts, I can easily find out!

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure the see if someone responds to your post would work on this, since huge numbers of post are create every day...

I just bookmark important topics and search for unimportant ones

Nice. That's handy. I don't post too often, or in large bulk, but I often end up searching my recent posts for any replies to them. Usually I'm a little late to reply back, but I still like to see them. Thanks. This'll make it a lot easier to go about my daily foruming. :D

Edit: Just noticed that obviously, it includes posts on topics that are constantly being bumped. I posted on the GFS topic when I was new, over a year ago. That'll continuously appear as it's constantly bumped. That'll just mean minor sifting through very active or long-living topics. Oh well. Still handy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:32:42 PM by sir dooble »

i normaly just go to the threads on the first or 2nd page

I'm not sure the see if someone responds to your post would work on this, since huge numbers of post are create every day...

I just bookmark important topics and search for unimportant ones
The first link includes only topics which you have posted in.

It's not that good for topics which are bumped, sure, but it's definitely handy when you are involved in several different topics and don't want to spend time going to each topic to see if anybody has replied.

How did you find that out?
Edit: This goes to my signature.
Edit2: Crap, not enough space.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:36:24 PM by Previous »

Are you trying to pretend the "Forum Master"?

No, I'm posting about a forum feature I use often and would probably be nice for others to know about.

How did you find that out?
I use the same feature in another forum that runs on the same forum software quite frequently, so I tried a bit of url hacking to see if it also worked on the Bl forums, and it did.

3 years on this forum and I had no clue about these features. Thanks for the tip.

Are you trying to pretend the "Forum Master"?
I seriously doubt it...
These are incredibly useful features, which I now take back my original post for.
I used it for a day or two and it's really quite useful

God dammit, these were supposed to be secret.