Author Topic: well stuff, looks like my laptop is finally broken (?)  (Read 2296 times)

alright so I was browsing airsoftgi and was adding a few products to my 'favorites' bar so I could find them before. Keep in mind the browser i was using is internet explorer. so when I press 'add to favorites' it gives me this crunched up little gray bar (which would've been blue if I didn't change my colorscheme on windows XP) with nothing inside it. If I press escape or enter it goes away, so I assume this is the bar that you choose the name of the page (or what it will appear as in favorites) and I was right, I guess. So I get rather pissed off and decide to play some X-com. My laptop doesn't open up any full-screen programs now, apparently.

so these are issues that have nothing to do with the computer itself, right? you are correct, they aren't, but what I discovered this morning is that my loving disk tray won't go the forget back in (its stuck out) and when I get it back in I have to loving jam it in to keep it from shooting back out.

plus the synaptics touchpad support-thing is being a jackass because I can't change any settings, so I can't loving scroll with the touchpad and if I tap the touchpad twice it'll work like left clicking (which is annoying as stuff, because the touchpad is in short, sensitive, so it'll keep thinking that I picked up my finger when its firmly on it, so I'll constantly be left clicking things I don't want to left click.

so overall, this loving sucks and I need a new laptop, which is cool I guess because then I can get one that runs minecraft with an FPS over 8 on 'short' render distance.

/anger

so I guess you guys should either suggest how to solve my problems or suggest new laptops. I currently have an inspiron e1505.

Chriz, did your laptop break?

I looked up that model and the second thing it told me was that the laptop wasn't designed for gaming. As for the problem with the touchpad, are you actually using it on your lap or are you sitting at a desk? I would suggest a USB mouse if you are at a desk. Could you give me an idea of how old the computer is?

Chriz, did your laptop break?

i don't know. probably. plus the screen is literally halfway to disconnecting from the body of the laptop, and the bottom of it is literally being seperated from the top layer.

so yes.

I looked up that model and the second thing it told me was that the laptop wasn't designed for gaming. As for the problem with the touchpad, are you actually using it on your lap or are you sitting at a desk? I would suggest a USB mouse if you are at a desk. Could you give me an idea of how old the computer is?

this laptop was signifigantly (don't give a stuff about spelling) better than my oldest computer.

i'm sitting on my lap and I occasionally sit at a desk. I like the touchpad though and we don't have any mice to use.

the laptop is several years old so this is again a good reason to get a new one.

edit: nightfox, there'd have to be a lot of ass kissing to get a laptop that expensive. but I'll keep it in mind.

we've got a pretty damn high budget (and my father has been wanting to buy me a new computer...)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:56:58 PM by Chriz »

I suggest an Alienware M11x.

You do know there are cheaper computers out there that can do the same thing?

I would say if the computer is old, buy a new one, as long as you have the money. I've never owned a dell before so I don't know if sending it in would do any good, with or without warranty. (since you've had it for a few years I'm going to wager the warranty is over).

EDIT: But you could try some other things with it, like disabling startup processes, getting rid of junk programs...

You should also try this:http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-System-Cleaner/3000-20432_4-10909697.html?tag=mncol Comodo System Cleaner
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:00:28 PM by Kyle Brickalo »

You do know there are cheaper computers out there that can do the same thing?

I would say if the computer is old, buy a new one, as long as you have the money. I've never owned a dell before so I don't know if sending it in would do any good, with or without warranty. (since you've had it for a few years I'm going to wager the warranty is over).

yeah, its settled, I need a new laptop and I need suggestions for something that kicks ass.

plus having an alienware would be loving sweet. I'd be able to tell my friends I owned one.

but yeah, I don't give a stuff about battery life because I won't be unplugged for too long.

I occasionally ass kiss to get a laptop.
Huehuehue. I'm like the news.

yeah, its settled, I need a new laptop and I need suggestions for something that kicks ass.

plus having an alienware would be loving sweet. I'd be able to tell my friends I owned one.

but yeah, I don't give a stuff about battery life because I won't be unplugged for too long.

Don't fall victim to the Alienware hype. Nobody who actually knows about computers would suggest buying one, neither would they envy you for having one. They're overpriced, and it's really not that hard to make a computer look as cool or cooler than an Alienware.

EDIT: But you could try some other things with it, like disabling startup processes, getting rid of junk programs...

You should also try this:http://download.cnet.com/Comodo-System-Cleaner/3000-20432_4-10909697.html?tag=mncol Comodo System Cleaner

i've already tried everything, bro.

this laptops loving toast.

does not :C
Custom built desktops are were it is at, cheaper and better.