MackTheHunter's Final Clan Rant

Author Topic: MackTheHunter's Final Clan Rant  (Read 2444 times)

I'm posting this on my brother's old account. He does not deserve to be banned.

Alright. Time to get this mess off my chest.

I'm not having anything to do with business-like clans in Blockland anymore, ever again. This means no more Blockintosh, no Blocksung, Hewlett Blockard or any other stress-causing stuff that I've made over my pathetic life.

It basically works this way for me. Blockintosh was REALLY successful when it first surfaced on the forums and ingame. We had lots going at the time. I still get lots of people bitching at me, asking why I had to just "leave" and put everything in charge of Straton.

For the last time. Early 2009 I began having panic attacks. Generally stuff from too much video games and little sleep. I eventually could no longer go on the computer without my heart beginning to go 88 miles an hour. I had little time to explain due to this. So I just posted that I had to give everything to Straton and leave for a while.

Eventually I got to a therapist and, thankfully, I haven't had a panic attack since around april 2009. I learned how to control them, etc, etc.

After that came Hewlett-Blockard. Now, this was sort of just an idea that a friend gave me, and it didn't last long at all. I tried multiple times to reopen in but I lost track of the topic and it fell into the abyss again.

Then BiT ended up in AoB's hands. And I failed to get it back.

So I tried working on Blocksung.

... One week before final exams. Gone, into the abyss, never to return.

So I'm going to state this for the last time. I'm not doing Computer clans, Tech clans, or any clan that relates to "debates" and "rights" anymore. The people that do own these types of clans (COUGH AoB COUGH) need to get this message into their thick heads:

You're playing a LEGO based game built for children. You're playing on a COMPUTER, nothing you're doing is even real or will ever eventually lead to any success in life. If you're going to make a group or clan on a game like this, make it so that it's for FUN, it's enjoyable, and it's not a business. You don't need to take it all like your life depends on it. The clans like The Craftsmen, NWB and Duck are the clans that I love the most because they were made so that they could all have fun.

Now as for me, I'll still join clans of course, and I may start thinking up ideas for an all-around regular clan if I ever get into it. But I've been working on plenty of things lately involving models and addons for Blockland that I may release in the future (or past). These things will be getting previewed quite soon.

I wish I could post this on my own account, but I couldn't resist Chris Hansen flooding other user's screens at the time. I'll see you all on Sunday when my ban ends.

I'm off for now.

Sincerely (I guess),

Mackenzie "MackTheHunter" Spencer

PS: If you can point out the refrences that I made in this post, you'll know what I'm working on for an addon.

Thanks for posting this! I really wanted to know what was up with you!  :nes:

I'm posting this on my brother's old account. He does not deserve to be banned.
Well he is going to be now because you made this topic.

Really dumb move =/

Also, I was there when Ben handed over BiT to AoB... I didn't like the idea really because General Jake wouldn't allow members of BiT to transfer over to the new clan without a re-app... which I have been unable to do because Jake isn't hosting...

Also, I think you are making a submarine...

BiT was fun.. then it got.. off track.. Well, glad to hear you're back :D

Some people are probably starting to clue in to the little "easter egg". First clue:

...beginning to go 88 miles an hour.

... :D

PS: If you can point out the refrences that I made in this post, you'll know what I'm working on for an addon.
I think I can guess, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone.  Should I say it?

EDIT: 
Some people are probably starting to clue in to the little "easter egg". First clue:
DAMMIT.  I was going to point that out D:

I think I can guess, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone.  Should I say it?

EDIT:  DAMMIT.  I was going to point that out D:

:)

Your choice.

edit: also, this isn't Mack on here anymore, it's Chuck (laptop ftw). I know what it is, but you gotta figure it out :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 11:20:30 PM by ChuckTheArcher »

:)

Your choice.
The Delorian.  Possibly something else from Back to the Future.  :O

Alrighty. :o

Just know, AoB is quite an enjoyable clan. Jake took BiT in Straton's interest and, seemingly, in yours. He was asked to, and he obliged. It was only to relieve stress which, while it has taken a short amount of time, it seems to have lifted a burden off Straton's and your shoulder.

Best wishes with your future ventures, though. I look forward to seeing your addon. c:

The Delorian.  Possibly something else from Back to the Future.  :O

i wish I could show you his awesome model he made in blender but he's asleep and his door is loud as hell when you try to ope nit. (it's 12:40 in eastern right now)

Alrighty. :o

Just know, AoB is quite an enjoyable clan. Jake took BiT in Straton's interest and, seemingly, in yours. He was asked to, and he obliged. It was only to relieve stress which, while it has taken a short amount of time, it seems to have lifted a burden off Straton's and your shoulder.

Best wishes with your future ventures, though. I look forward to seeing your addon. c:

i wanted to join aob a while back when I first joined. but i haven't had time and money to buy blockland for myself (usually i just use mack's file).

So you, against the rules, are using your brothers account to tell us that you wont be making clans? I dont see why anyone would care about that. Youre a bit conceited

BiT was fun when you weren't making it not fun.

The people that do own these types of clans (COUGH AoB COUGH) need to get this message into their thick heads:

You're playing a LEGO based game built for children. You're playing on a COMPUTER, nothing you're doing is even real or will ever eventually lead to any success in life. If you're going to make a group or clan on a game like this, make it so that it's for FUN, it's enjoyable, and it's not a business. You don't need to take it all like your life depends on it.

I'm glad we're not going to fight over this again. I get no personal gain out of owning Blockintosh, as
you seem to think. I lead it now because at the time it was given to me, Straton was having problems
and Mage couldn't successfully maintain the clan. I took it, at the request of the leadership, as Mage
has said, so it wouldn't die there and then. I keep it now because these two previous owners, who
are still in leadership positions of BiT, have asked me to do so as they do not think your intentions as
leader would benefit the clan. Now, you say this is just a game and it shouldn't be taken so seriously.
I assume that you believe I'm treating this like a business proposition because you still think I want BiT
just for the name, but as I have just stated, that is incorrect. I apologize if this situation has caused you
any unneeded stress, but I did not intend to forget my personal duty and loyalty to my friends just
because of your hollow threats and appeasements. I have no real reason to hold any hostility toward
you anymore. You are free to join Blockintosh again if you so choose, just like anyone else; just not as
the leader. That's all I have to say about that.

General Jake wouldn't allow members of BiT to transfer over to the new clan without a re-app... which I have been unable to do because Jake isn't hosting...

The re-app is just basically showing me that you know your way around events. It's just VCE and relays, I
believe, for the requirements. As for the hosting, I've been hosting a lot more recently. I've had servers up
just about every day since June 8th, with tonight being one of the first nights I've shut it down. You're more
than welcome to come do a quick app any time you like. BiT is based in the AoB HQ now, so it'll always be
there when I host.

can i join your clan
[/sub][/color][/color]