Author Topic: We're not using Comcast anymore :o  (Read 1417 times)

My parents have recently told me that in a couple more weeks, we are switching from Comcast TV to satellite TV. They say that Comcast was pissing them off by them raising the prices on their monthly fees.

But when we switch to satellite TV, will we lose connection in a rain storm? And if it does, we aren't getting connection for a while because it has rained a lot lately.

I miss Comcast; Ever since i moved from Cape Cod, I've been using "Metrocast" :|

My parents have recently told me that in a couple more weeks, we are switching from Comcast TV to satellite TV. They say that Comcast was pissing them off by them raising the prices on their monthly fees.

But when we switch to satellite TV, will we lose connection in a rain storm? And if it does, we aren't getting connection for a while because it has rained a lot lately.
Dont get satellite. Its just awful especially in rainy climates.

Get FiOs.

iO
Optimum serves lower New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.

Our satellite tv works pretty well, if it's stormy enough outside to cause the signal to go out, I'd be watching the weather anyways. And you can still get that through an antenna (and converter box if you need one).

And that's where I am

Comcast is now
XFINITY

Comcast is now
XFINITY

Comcast has not changed to the name Xfinity, it is merely a new, awesome service they're beginning to offer. 105mbps coming soon yessssssssssss.

Besides Ocean County, A.K.A. hicksville. All we have here is Comcast--but it's like, a combination of iO and Comcast. They work together. c:

hicksville.
Wait, Optimum's main office is in Hicksville.

I miss comcast, they also raised the prices on us. Now we have WOW! and it doesn't get G4.

Dont get satellite. Its just awful especially in rainy climates.
Tell that to my parents. They made it final. :I