Author Topic: Elevators v1.1  (Read 151820 times)

Would it be very hard to make the elevator move on an X,Y axis as well?

Scriptwise, not at all.
The main issue with that is event complexity. This fulfils the need for an elevator quite well and minimizes the difficulties one might have with making one; I'm generally all for making things a little harder for the average user to unlock possibilities for the power-user, but I quite enjoy having a bit of simplicity in this case.

Perhaps a horizontal/3-dimensional mover could be made as its own mod, however. As events go, you'd want something to move to mover to be relative to a named brick (next to it, selecting which edge of the brick to align it with), as well as moving it relative to its current position (for freeroaming movers controlled via VCE events perhaps) and moving it relative to its parent brick's position (for movers able to move in any general area but not too far away) plus callbacks for when it starts and finishes moving.

Holy stuff, will you shut the forget up already? Kalphiter did not steal this. This is his own version, Clockturn's version has a hacky way of doing this while Kalphiter's uses a setTransform loop. They are two diffrent things, Kalphiter will not get banned, he did not steal anything.

Anyways, I like it. It would be better to use a brick texture though.
you get banned for stealing things?
:-0

you get banned for stealing things?
:-0
<uses sarcasm in his sentence>no you get banned for playing <stops using sarcasm> OF COURSE YOU GET BANNED FOR STEALING and by the way THIS ROCKS u can use ANY plates u want

<uses sarcasm in his sentence>no you get banned for playing <stops using sarcasm> OF COURSE YOU GET BANNED FOR STEALING and by the way THIS ROCKS u can use ANY plates u want
You are a loving idiot.

u
nice spelling?

edit: can this be put on RTB? a friend needs it for a project but can't DL things on anything but RTB for some reason
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:24:55 AM by phflack »

edit: can this be put on RTB? a friend needs it for a project but can't DL things on anything but RTB for some reason
No, this doesn't belong with absolute garbage.

That's a funny way to say absolute garbage doesn't belong on RTB.

well, nevermind, i don't need it there anymore as i put it as a private file for him to DL

That's a funny way to say absolute garbage doesn't belong on RTB.
Truce, you're stupid.
You know RTB is garbage.

Wonka-vater?

Sweet. Now if only you could attach bricks to it and have them move with it......(I don't think thats actually possible but idk)

The only thing, is why did you use the glass texture? I don't really like it IMO but atleast its a good working elevator, so it'll do.

You, Kalphiter, make the simple things everybody needs.

Oh god, that brings back memories of RTB for Blockland v0002... I remember making trap elevators. I'd make them go, like, 1000000 in X or Y. Then, when someone touched the, they'd be moved so quickly, they'd be trapped in a black void they can't escape. That is, unless they Self Deleted.

A sad story is, I did this on someones server, he touched it and started screaming he was trapped and crying at me. Said I hacked his game to delete him and then banned me. Dumbass didn't even figure out you had to Self Delete to get back.

My point is: Check the code for RTB's old elevators and ask for permission to use that in some way...