Author Topic: I LOST A STEAM GAME IN THE DOWNLOAD PROCESS!  (Read 2802 times)

I was in the process of downloading Portal for Mac on the Steam client. It was about half way through when I opened a new Safari window and Steam crashed. Now when I go back to resume the download  it doesn't show up. PLEASE HELP.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:43:17 PM by Burple »

BUMP I REALLY NEED HELP

Mac
Well here's your pr-

Try re-downloading it? and bumping 2 times won't help you.

Well here's your pr-

Try re-downloading it? and bumping 2 times won't help you.

Sorry, but heres what was happening. I was downloading the Portal game I just purchased. Crashed because of lag. Now I have to buy it again and its not in my downloading section. :/

Reinstall steam.

Dont use a Mac

Dont open Safari when you have steam open.

If that doesnst work, send a ticket to steam

People need to learn that this isn't a tech support forum! This place will offer more help than this one. https://support.steampowered.com/

Sorry, but heres what was happening. I was downloading the Portal game I just purchased. Crashed because of lag. Now I have to buy it again and its not in my downloading section. :/
Contact steam costumer support through email. Or if they have a phone number try that. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to retrieve your account information and give you the download again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:52:38 PM by Parallel »

What?
Costumer*

Was it that hard to figure out what it was?

It should be in the uninstalled games section.

Never had this problem on my com- Oh, your using a Mac.

When you open steam, open the library tab, and it should say downloads, press the games button.

Costumer*

Was it that hard to figure out what it was?
Customer*
 :cookieMonster:

When you open steam, open the library tab, and it should say downloads, press the games button.

Yea the game is in there but it says Purchase.