Author Topic: V17 Bug? - Can't Walk up Bricks?  (Read 1926 times)

No v17 is not out yet, yet I had a problem at Badspot's server and it hasn't happened to me at any other server so I suppose its a problem with v17. If I'm standing right by the Info button's 16x16 baseplate and a try to just walk onto it, I jitter around and can't get on it unless I jump or jet over it. This also happens with other plates and bricks. Anybody experiencing this on Badspot's server?

omg for a sec i thought v17 was out any way ill look

this happens for everyone on his server (except him, perhaps), and it has to be a problem with raycasting, since that's how the game detects collision with players

All I see is that Badspot has gone crazy, or someone hacked him. Right now his server is PASSWORDED, and its called "Badspot's Mining for fun". and The Host inst Badspot... ( Checked with information checker )

All I see is that Badspot has gone crazy, or someone hacked him. Right now his server is PASSWORDED, and its called "Badspot's Mining for fun". and The Host inst Badspot... ( Checked with information checker )
Must've been a bug in the auth server.
Weird.

Must've been a bug in the auth server.
Weird.
Nope, its got to be a hack.

INFO
Players: 1/32
PING: ---
Passworded: Yes ( Unknown password )
Host: 3Dflash
ID: 22619
RTB: No

I highly doubt it's a hack.
Otherwise he would be able to disable and steal keys.

I highly doubt it's a hack.
Otherwise he would be able to disable and steal keys.
How do you know hundreds of keys haven't been disabled already?
:o

Raycasting Off + Collision On = Frustrating Stairs

Ima try that

Holy crap, your right. :o

EDIT:

Just tried this:

It's no different?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:26:20 AM by Albatross »

I thought it was just me lagging.

The only time Badspot passwords his server is when hes beta testing an extreme update.

The only time Badspot passwords his server is when hes beta testing an extreme update.
Or when he doesn't want idiots on his server.