Author Topic: Some form of virus on my computer?  (Read 3467 times)

Ok so I have been having this problem on and off for a while. It seems I have a virus of some sorts on my computer. When I am on the internet it occasionally will pop up an ad. If I restart the computer it disables the taskbar theme and just makes it a grey bar and disables the internet.
     I have tried Malware Bytes and it will normally detect two trojans but still when I restart they seem to come back. To get the taskbar and internet running again I have to do system restore after clearing those trojans.
    I have also tried avg and avast. Avast found one virus and avg didn't find anything.

Also: if you think you feel the need to post something to the effect of: BE SMaRTER don't get virus lolololol don't.

Just start stacking on the antivirus systems until you find all the infected files then utterly destroy them in safe mode.

Oh, and be smart! Don't get viruses!

GOT BLUE SCREENS?

SLOW COMPUTER?

STRESSING YOU OUT?

THESE ARE NORMALLY THE TELLTALE SIGNS OF A VIRUS!

This isn't some kind of joke topic. If you are not going to help get out.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:06:33 PM by Angear »

I don't know what to tell you man, in the future download your Yaoi from a reliable source  :cookieMonster:

I don't know what to tell you man, in the future download your Yaoi from a reliable source  :cookieMonster:
Then don't post.

First, find out what the viruses are and look up instructions to get rid of them. They require more than just deleting them.

I don't know what to tell you man, in the future download your Yaoi from a reliable source  :cookieMonster:
laughed

Bump for needed help. It also disabled my sound now.

Check your hidden files and folders for a folder with only 8 digits. This may be a virus.

This isn't some kind of joke topic. If you are not going to help get out.
"Hey I'm gonna post a serious topic on a forum full of jokers and assume everything will go the way I planned."

the virus might be a self duplicating one, unless you've never deleted it

inb4 delete system32 to remove the virus

inb4moreunhelpfulpeeps
Are you using Norton? It always finds my viruses.
Also, don't use Kaspersky. It can't tell a FPS from a blue-screen causing virus.