Poll

Do you agree their are not enough blocks for blockland?

Yes.
36 (60%)
No.
24 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Blockland bricks..  (Read 9321 times)

I'm really not a fan of brick packs generally, I don't need your huge brick pack of easy to make blbs. However, recently people have been pumping out some real high quality and useful bricks. For instance, I had low expectations when I saw "One Random Brick Pack" on RTB, and in fact I ignored it until a friend told me to check it out. So as of now, I use Tophius' Bricks, Wedges and One Random Brick Pack, if I'm forgetting some it's because these really should be default.

Also speaking of colorsets, Spock's an idiot. My favorite colorset used to be Treuno's Colorset 2, however, Amade created the Craftsmen Colorset specifically to our demands. It was created with the input of about 5 individuals who probably had fairly different building styles. In the end, I only had to make one modification to it and I've been happy with it ever since. Both Trueno's and Amade's covered all my color needs, but Amade's did it with less colors.

We don't need larger bricks, but new special bricks would be nice to have.

I mainly use only default bricks, with a few fill-ins, and 3X heights.

Thats where I'm trying to get at.

I think there's about enough bricks, with exceptions for really special bricks; these for example.

1 random brick pack is good.

1 random brick pack is good.
I wonder what 2 random brick back will be...

We don't "need" custom special bricks. TheGeek's mansion proves that.

I know, who says we need it?

I personally would like the brick selection to be filled in more.  There are many gaps in the library (such as 1x14, and 2x16) that would really be nice to have as it's annoying to have a spot that big and need to split it up in some hackish way with smaller bricks.

That, and inverse corner bricks should be default.

We need more 90 degree bricks.

All we need is 1x1 and 1x1 flats and 1x2. Than we can make anythin!

I use half of the brickpacks on RTB.