Author Topic: Using hammer for BL Interiors  (Read 1460 times)

I am beast with hammer (the source engine one).

Is there a bsp to dif or something that I could use?

Nope, you need an old fashioned Gold Source version of hammer, from when it wasn't slow stuff. Version 4.0, I think. You can export as .map, which you can then process with Map2dif.

And with 4.0, you'd need to compile the textures into a wad file.
Also, i reccomend Torque constructor, it is very similar, and it's also free, and was created for torque, and you directly export and import texures in it, making it easy to use.

I avoided Torque Constructor because by default it stretches textures, rather than tiling them and I could never work out how to tile them. That, and the camera in the 3D viewport is bizzare. You'll need to use a program called Wally to compile the textures into a .wad file for use in hammer.

I avoided Torque Constructor because by default it stretches textures, rather than tiling them and I could never work out how to tile them. That, and the camera in the 3D viewport is bizzare. You'll need to use a program called Wally to compile the textures into a .wad file for use in hammer.
You can till them via selecting faces, and stretching those.

Hammer- Save as vmf, download QuArK (Quake army knife), and open the vmf. Open the control panel of quark (by dragging map editing out of the way), and switch games to torque. Then save as .map, open it up in constructor, scale and texture it, then export it to torque.