3 (4.3%)
Maybe
4 (5.7%)
Abusive
8 (11.4%)
Would only use in Certain TDM or DMs
12 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Shotgun Sniper !READ OP!  (Read 12123 times)

This really would be overpowered, because it can let you kill multiple people, thus also blowing your cover easier. With a slug, it fires one projectile, if it hits a player, it is an instant kill in long distance, because the impact if loving superior to a normal sniper and because the slugs is huge for a round. But, if you go too far, gravity literally throws this to the ground after it's maximum distance , due to the size and length of the slug.

With regular shotgun shells, the effectiveness of the sniper is reduced at long distances, people are or likely to miss, if used at medium range, it can insta-kill multiple, like a rocket launcher or a grenade, you are more likely to be detected by surivors.

Both would have bad recoils,scopes, and would have to reload by a single rounds into a slot on the underside, that can hold up to 6-8 rounds and can be fired with after only reloading 1 shell or more.

Which one would you rather have?

"overpowered" because it "blows your cover easier"

"overpowered" because it "blows your cover easier"

Let's just say it's overpowered in some cases and underpowered in others.

I'd call it a cluster sniper but it sounds like a pretty neat idea.
O.O wow moderator <banned for that

Let's just say it's overpowered in some cases and underpowered in others.

It's a perfectly balanced weapon. When someone decides to make it, you'll see.

I'm a nobody, and I approve of this.

Not that anyone will notice.

Why is there just a random blank space between my last post and this one?

I'm a nobody, and I approve of this.

Not that anyone will notice.

I see what you did there.

1. Accurate Description Given               [V]
2. Can be used in a variety of scenarios  [V]
3. Unique                                           [V]
4. Not Overpowered                            [V]

I approve of this suggestion, and would like to see it made.

Would be nice, but would probly get failed.

I mean no offense to anyone by what I'm about to say.

But really, all this "approval" isn't necessary. The OP didn't ask anyone specifically if this was a good idea, all he want is it to be made. Heck, it could be the worst idea ever and his disposition would stay the same. All he wants is this weapon made. And the fact is, this is an awesome idea. Yet, hardly anyone is giving any actual "input". "I approve" does nothing to get this weapon made faster.

People SHOULD be throwing whatever they have at this topic if you like the idea so much. I remember there was an idea for the turret in TF2. There were a least 4-5 different models people had made and animated in the first few days of the topic being posted. Unfortunately, the script was pretty complicated was took quite a bit of time to make, but that initial surge got it started. I'd like to see that here.

Heck, even before I was typing this, I was working on a model for it. But alas, I'm not a great modeler. I'm just throwing something out there because I really want to see this done.

Sorry for all the ranting and repeating, but if you really do "approve" of this weapon, than prove it and at least submit some portion of this addon to the topic. A part of the model, a part of the script, whatever.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Would be nice, but would probly get failed.

With every post you get stupider and stupider. There is no reason for this to get failed. Addons only get failed on the BL forums if they are broken or harmful. And while the RTB forums are a lot more strict, Ephi, the head of RTB, thinks this is a good idea. There's maybe a .001% chance this will get failed.

I mean on RTB may get failed. I know it won't on the Bl Fourms, only very bad addons get failed.

I mean on RTB may get failed.

I'd call it a cluster sniper but it sounds like a pretty neat idea.

That's Ephi. He's the head of RTB. Doesn't look like it's going to get failed.

Oh, did not see that post. Then I can't wait for this to be released.

I am TheaCoupon11 and I support this suggestion.

Maybe not by him.

Don't forget SpaceGuy, Bushido, and what the maker could do stupid to it. Like if this is made by a noob who has no clue how to make an adon.