Author Topic: Xalos' Freebuild  (Read 888 times)

Xalos' Freebuild
That freebuild that's always up!

The thread for my server! Post questions, comments, suggestions, addons you'd like to see, addons that are
                    known to cause problems, so on.

Notes: Occasionally I'll host other servers for other events. They will not be dedicated.
                              Also, I may be AFK or off the server when it looses connection or crashes, so it may stay down for long
                              periods of time. If it looses connection from the Internet, your build is safe, just inaccessible to you at
                              the moment.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I have admin?
                    No.
               Can I have admin?
                         No.
                    Can I have admin?
                              No, and if you ask again I'll ban you.

Why can't I connect?
                    There is a known issue with my server where people will sporadically and unpredictably be unable to join. This
                    issue doesn't occur once you have connected, however.

You have the Mininuke? WTF/Yay!
                    Only because I can't find what I renamed it to. I renamed it as a private port, and now I can't find it. Don't
                    expect it to stick around.

OMG THE ADDON I WANT ISN'T THERE!
                    Calm down, you can ask me to download it then load it to the server. I don't even have to restart.

WTF? Why can't I mount bots?
                    I have reason to believe this is the Hydralisk. It will be deleted the next time the server is down.

Can I load a save?
                    No, because you'd have to have admin first.
               Can I have admin?
                         No.
                    Can I have admin?
                              No.
                         Can I have admin?
                                   No, and if you ask again I'll ban you.

Why do we have a five thousand brick limit?
                    Because unless you're building something worthwhile, which takes time, you don't need 5000 bricks. If you are
                    building something worthwhile, then I'll have time to study your behavior and decide if you are worthy of admin.
               Can I have admin now?
                         .   .   .   No. Just no.
                    Pleeeaaase?
                              STOP ASKING FOR ADMIN ALREADY!

Badspot needs to make a "Server Advertising" section for the forum for people to advertise their servers. General Discussion is practically littered with topics about how you should join some server or other...

this is lame.
5000 brick limit =! freebuild

Badspot needs to make a "Server Advertising" section for the forum for people to advertise their servers. General Discussion is practically littered with topics about how you should join some server or other...
Indeed.
this is lame.
5000 brick limit =! freebuild
Well then, what would you prefer? I have to have some way to keep the spam down while I'm away.

Indeed.Well then, what would you prefer? I have to have some way to keep the spam down while I'm away.

5000 for the whole server?
Or per person.
7000 bricks per person is good enough.

it's still not a freebuild. :|
freebuilds shouldn't have per person brick limits.
freebuilds are about being able to put hours of pointless work into whatever you can think of in your little creative child brain.
having a brick limit is a huge drawback. you wont be able to build anything worthwhile in terms of structure with just 5000 bricks.

however, if anybody is thinking about the default global brick limit of 128,000, this brick limit is necessary and understandable considering your computer probably wont handle a stuffton of digital blocks and shapes very well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:35:50 AM by TheChaosCarrier »

I'll turn it off, not really any point to it anyway.

Also, the server isn't rendering any of the bricks/props/JVS/vehicles/projectiles/explosions/emitters/lights. It's on a completely seperate computer, and only knows of them as data points.

Eww.
Only because the dedicated server has decided that it absolutely must enable every single addon. That's why the supposedly private mininuke port is enabled.

Only because the dedicated server has decided that it absolutely must enable every single addon. That's why the supposedly private mininuke port is enabled.

Start a non-dedi server once before you put up the actual server.

Start a non-dedi server once before you put up the actual server.
I don't have all the add-ons enabled on non-dedi, and it's a bad idea to have two servers running on the same port at the same time.

I don't have all the add-ons enabled on non-dedi, and it's a bad idea to have two servers running on the same port at the same time.

1. Yes, I get that.
2. I didn't tell you to run them at the same time.

Nevertheless, this isn't a help thread.

Nevertheless, this isn't a help thread.

What he mean't was start a non-dedi server, then close it, then start a dedi server.

Well, it's kind of a dedicated server ad computer, so I could just find and delete the addons I don't want.