Author Topic: Best Scripting Language  (Read 1442 times)

I'd like to get into a scripting language, but I have no idea which one I should try. I can program in Lua a little bit, I can easily modify stuff in Torque script, Nothing in C, C++, or C#. Any reccomendations?

When I start I'll learn C++ after computer class.

This topic made me laugh cause it made me realize how illiterate I am when it comes to scripting. I get confused when I look at Javascript, nevermind C++.

Are you talking scripting languages or programming languages?

INPUT "Former or latter?", LATTER
IF LATTER==1
THEN
PRINT "Try BASIC. It's pretty simple to pick and up helps you think in logical organizations and sequences vital to computer programming"
ELSE
PRINT "I don't do much scripting, wouldn't know how to help."
END

I'm going to look at LUA, is it harder or easier than TS?

I used to make programs on my TI-84 calculator during Pre-Algebra.

I made an interactive "human" where you had a list of stuff you could do to him. Whenever you did something bad, it took 1 away from a variable, and vice versa. Every time you chose an option, it checked the variable, and I had about 10 menus made. When you had the variable high enough, you could hug him, and if it was low enough, you could shoot him. If you choose to shoot him, you can never open the program again unless you reset the variable.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:33:39 AM by Cheemo »

Whenever you did something bad, it took 1 away from a variable, and vice versa.
I'm telling you this for your sake. The way you used "vice versa" there, it meant "if you took away 1 variable, it'd do something bad to him"

I understand what you mean though.

I'm telling you this for your sake. The way you used "vice versa" there, it meant "if you took away 1 variable, it'd do something bad to him"

I understand what you mean though.
fasf i dont care

I used to make programs on my TI-84 calculator during Pre-Algebra.

I made an interactive "human" where you had a list of stuff you could do to him. Whenever you did something bad, it took 1 away from a variable, and vice versa. Every time you chose an option, it checked the variable, and I had about 10 menus made. When you had the variable high enough, you could hug him, and if it was low enough, you could shoot him. If you choose to shoot him, you can never open the program again unless you reset the variable.
I did something similar. I made a Blackjack program for my TI86. If you ran out of money by betting it all away, you could not play Blackjack until you used a JOB program to get more. In JOB, you had to press a button that says "WORK" that constantly moved around. Hit the button 100 times and you get 40 money. However, if you missed the WORK button you automatically hit a "SLACK" button that reset all of your WORK.

I once made this thing in python that if you enter two numbers it would tell you the volume and surface area of a cylinder using the two numbers as the radius and height.

That's my entire programming experience.

learning Processing at camp, kinda stupid until you really get into it