Author Topic: Blockland Building Encyclopedia  (Read 18741 times)

which is better imageshack or photobucket? I'd like to upload some pics.

I've been playing this game for a damn long time, and I've seen the following happen: every time someone comes up with a sweet idea, people take that idea, and recreate it with their own unique spin on things.  I remember when people never built houses with tiled floors, or when the first (somewhat iconic) barstool was made.  These are sort of standard features these days.  Or different arch patterns for cathedral windows.

All I'm trying to say is that everyone's stolen something, or seen something on a server and given their own take on the idea.  I'm no different, and if you play multiplayer you can't be much different either; it's hard to help doing it.  I don't think anyone's aiming for this to be some kind of building rubric, and I don't think anyone could make one even if they wanted to.  But a compendium of good ideas, well, that sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
Holy stuff it's Afkpuz :O!
which is better imageshack or photobucket? I'd like to upload some pics.
I prefer photobucket but it's up to you

Tree designs would be nice to see as i fail to make any.

Treeeez

EDIT: Fail page stretch... how to you resize images again?
Don't post things that aren't yours.
Those trees were made by BAC, Dante and myself >:(

couches meh

i love the idea becuase im still mastering some things (trees car trucks planes helis etc.)

i could give you a picture of a hat rack (with poles)

I dislike this idea. People should be able to learn on their own and have their own unique design, rather then without any work, just read an article about how to build something good.

So you like more people building stuffty things than following guidelines and make good builds?

All I see is people getting negative feedback one their builds by others saying "All you did was follow this tutorial", or "You didn't make that window"

This is a ridiculous topic, not only is it un-organized, it has random comments, people flamming other people on their builds, and then more people complaining about those people. There are about 2-3 actual pics and I'd say more than 20 posts on this topic

So you like more people building stuffty things than following guidelines and make good builds?

Learn to read.
I'd rather people have their own unique design. Doesn't have to be the best thing out there. Although some people could use this, i think it'd be better if they just taught themselves.

-IMAGE SNIP-
Treeeez

EDIT: Fail page stretch... how to you resize images again?
Except for the big one, rad treez

bump

also it was my birthday a couple days ago so I think it's time to make a cake on this topic