Author Topic: I need a new Anti-Virus/Firewall  (Read 1915 times)

It has to be free.

My AVG trial just ended and a bunch of viruses, even after scanning and deleting everything that showed up, are spamming popups and icons like "youresearch" and "trojan#" on my desktop. I'm running a scan with Malwarebytes, I started it before the stupid things could disable it. I'd love you bros if you could help me out. Tired of this stuff.


There is free AVG, you know.


It lacks a firewall.

Get zone alarm. Annoying as heck but it works.


"youresearch" and "trojan#"

I hate to have to be the one to say it, but you honestly need to lay off the research...

BitDefender or Kaspersky or McAfee.

Ignore the people who say Avast is the best. I tried it and it did not do stuff.

Norton 360.

It is totally dependable. I mean, it figured out my iTunes was a tracking cookie.

Norton 360.

It is totally dependable. I mean, it figured out my iTunes was a tracking cookie.
I hope you are kidding.

I hope you are kidding.

Durr....

Notice the sarcastic comment.

Norton 360.

It is totally dependable. I mean, it figured out my iTunes was a tracking cookie.
I hope you are kidding.
It is totally dependable. I mean, it figured out my iTunes was a tracking cookie.
NO stuff



BitDefender or Kaspersky or McAfee.

It has to be free.

None of those are free, and McAfee sucks.

If you're willing to spend $60.00, get Kaspersky Anti-Virus. If you're willing to spend $90.00, get Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 or the new 2011, although I'm not sure of the price on the 2011. Otherwise I'd personally stick with ZoneAlarm. One of my very computer-savvy friends has it and he loves it.