Author Topic: Rowboats - DM (Redux)  (Read 4432 times)

Rowboats - DM (Redux)

This build's roots go way back into the classic history of Jirue's Builds.  Way back in the depths of forever ago, I was working on a large scale Airboats project.  This build was a Half-Life2 "RP" of sorts, using the Airboat vehicle to take you along a long watery road where you would solve problems and fight off an abusive team of "combine".  Later after Amade's Bot Mod first came out, I was inspired to do a remake of that old build and called it "Rowboats". (Original was named "Airboats" for its use of the airboat, and this one was named the same way for its use of the newish rowboat vehicle)    After Amade's Bots decided to contract a horrible bug that didn't allow them to deal out or receive damage, the build came to a halt.  Dissatisfied with my hard work going to waste, I moved things around and converted it into "Rowboats - DM".  Now I felt the urge to spice it up a bit, updating it with the new Tier Tactical, bricks and more logic.  The new DM pulls off the original theme I was going for but failed to complete.  Rooms are also redone so they make more sense (based on the original build's purpose).

Credits
Jirue for building the entire build
Reaper for helping me chose which SMG to use for the DM
Everyone who made addons that go into this DM

Screenshots
Click to view

Add-Ons
These add-ons are required for the DM to load and function properly
Weapons
- Tier+Tactical 1a by Bushido and Space Guy
- Tier+Tactical 1a by Bushido and Space Guy
- Tier+Tactical 2 by Bushido and Space Guy
- Tier+Tactical Explosive 1 by Bushido, Space Guy and Jaydee
- Stunstick by Mr Cookie
Vehicles
- Rowboat by Kaje and Rotondo (default)
Effects
- Square Emitters by Yuki
- Sci-Fi Emitters by Muffinmix
- Cityz Lights by Altanore
- Emote Critical by Space Guy
JVS
- JVS Content by Trader and Kaje
- Doors Pack 0 by Trader and Kaje
- Doors Pack 1 by Trader and Kaje
- Doors Pack 2 by Trader and Kaje
- Switches Pack 1 by Trader and Kaje
Items
- Pill by TheGeek and Ephialtes
Bricks
- Arches by Badspot (default)
- Large Cubes by Badspot (default)
- v15 by Badspot (default)
- Extra Ramps by Tophius
- Jirue's Bricks by Jirue
- One Random Brick Pack by FART and King Tinks
- Pole Bricks by Tophius
- Wedges by Tophius

Recommended
- Default Minigame by Kalphiter
- Kill Camera by Zack0Wack0
- Health Bar by Iban
- Toggable Player Lights by Tom
- Slate Exodus by Ladios

*Please do not enable mods that cause Items to rotate, bounce, or move in any way.

Download
Rowboats - DM (Redux)

Enjoy!

The Server is now up!
Hosted by Jirue
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:46:02 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

oh god
you're finally done
it took
forever

it looks like the rowboat has little to do with this...

it looks like the rowboat has little to do with this...
Lol yeah, true, but the name stuck for me.

Lol yeah, true, but the name stuck for me.
you make it sound hard core though, like "holy stuff! rowboats, that's loving hard!"

you make it sound hard core though, like "holy stuff! rowboats, that's loving hard!"
Well if it helps, the buildings are all set on the outside of a channel (almost like Venice) and there is a dock with 6 rowboats.

But yeah, most of the fun action takes place without the rowboats lol

Well if it helps, the buildings are all set on the outside of a channel (almost like Venice) and there is a dock with 6 rowboats.

When will you host this?

When will you host this?
well for some reason people said they were having a hard time joining my server, but if i get into ORGY they will probably host it for a while

well for some reason people said they were having a hard time joining my server, but if i get into ORGY they will probably host it for a while
well, i dont have a hard time ;p
i request orgy lets you in

solution to kick ass rowboat action: rowboat turrets...

well, i dont have a hard time ;p
i request orgy lets you in
They said I'm pretty much guaranteed to get in, I just needed to finish the app.

solution to kick ass rowboat action: rowboat turrets...
Or you just sit in your rowboat with whatever gun of your choosing and shoot at people
Either way theres not enough water for that to even be fun

Just disreguard that I named it Rowboats if it bothers you that much  :cookieMonster:

They said I'm pretty much guaranteed to get in, I just needed to finish the app.
Or you just sit in your rowboat with whatever gun of your choosing and shoot at people
Either way theres not enough water for that to even be fun

Just disreguard that I named it Rowboats if it bothers you that much  :cookieMonster:
it's just the fact that the title makes rowboats sound epic. "rowboats, the dm"*lava shoots from behind rowboats while heavy metal plays and demon babies fly around over head"

but then you click the thread and realize its just another crappy HL2 build made by Jirue

thanks to me
for choosing which SMG to pick for this DM

thanks to me
for choosing which SMG to pick for this DM
oh yes i forgot to give credit