Author Topic: Switching operating systems? Keep your pictures, saves, and addons with this!  (Read 1370 times)

You will need:
Your Computer
External Hard Drive with about half a terra byte or like, 300 gigs of space.
Other operating system
Some patience.
What happened to me? I was running Windows XP on my computer (fortunatly for school), and I was sopposed to upgrade to Windows 7. I did.
1. Get all the stuff you need.
2. Plug the External Hard Drive into your computer.
3. Open up the Blockland Properties (see How To Get To Blockland Properties at bottom of page)
4. Open up your External Hard Drive folder.
5. Copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the Addons, base, config, saves, and screenshots folder into the ETHD (External Hard Drive). This might take a while.
6. MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE THE HARD DRIVE BEFORE TAKING IT OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER!
7. Ask the Blockland Support for your Blockland key. Wait for your key to arrive in your E-Mail.
8. You may now install the new OS. I do not know how to do this xD. However this WILL take a few hours.
9. Go to the blockland homepage (blockland.us) and download and install Blockland.
10. Open up your Blockland Properties.
11. Open up your ETHD file.
12. In the Blockland Properties, delete the Addons, base, config, saves, and screenshots folders.
13. Take all the Blockland files and CopyPaste them into the Blockland Properties.
14. This is where step 7 is needed. Open up blockland and set all your settings, and then enter your Blockland Auth key and click Unlock.
15.The final thing you need to do is close blockland and open it back up again.
How to get to the Blockland Properties:
1. Right click the Blockland icon on your desktop. Click Properties. Now click Find Target. Boom your done.

I hope this has helped your as much as it did me. Have fun!

It shouldn't take a few hours to install Windows 7, unless you are doing advanced things with Partitions. You also don't need 300 gigs, your Blockland folder probably isn't near that big. Mine is just barley 1.

You could probably just put it on a jump drive.

i just did that yesterday funnily enough but when i did it i just went into C:\program files and dragged the blockland folder onto my second hard drive. format. install OS. Job Done!

Il laugh if you cant fit all your files into the flashdrive/disk/whatevercrapyouhave.

Il laugh if you cant fit all your files into the flashdrive/disk/whatevercrapyouhave.
Same xD
i just did that yesterday funnily enough but when i did it i just went into C:\program files and dragged the blockland folder onto my second hard drive. format. install OS. Job Done!
I could possibly remember that as an easier way to do it.

You could probably just put it on a jump drive.
Possibly.
It shouldn't take a few hours to install Windows 7, unless you are doing advanced things with Partitions. You also don't need 300 gigs, your Blockland folder probably isn't near that big. Mine is just barley 1.
Barely*
BTW, I checked my addons folder which was suprisingly 1,074,376,523 bytes. (about 1 gig for all you simpltons out there)
BTW, all my files on blockland to do this were 1,250,535,288 bytes alltogether. About a 176,158,756 byte difference.

you have too many add-ons.

you have too many add-ons.
Hee Hee (in Michal Jackson voice)