Author Topic: Worlds  (Read 18416 times)

The successor to the original "Planets" map, "Worlds" seeks to break the monotony of slate-edits by providing players with several unique build spaces. Said spaces include: a spawn world, a lava world, an ice world, a desert, and a water world complete with it's own moon.

Whilst the "Planets" map tried to emulate real-world planets using spheres, "Worlds" uses brick-like interiors that integrate perfectly with the 8x and 4x building blocks.

RTB Link: http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=2617

Current version : 3

If you have any suggestions or would like to see what changes may occur in future versions, please check out the development thread : http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=111337.0

Are the worlds made out of bricks like that?

This map is simply epic! Though I would like to see more of the brown astroid like formations orbiting the lava/dark planet (because those are my favorite! perhaps make a broken planet with them?)

8/5

+80  :cookie: s

Are the worlds made out of bricks like that?

The worlds look like they are made of bricks, but they are actually interiors, just like the Bedroom or Kitchen maps. You can build on all of them and real bricks line up perfectly with them. Sometimes the color looks a little off, but to the casual observer it appears fine.

Also, if you'd like to have some weather, lava, and water in the map, load up the environment save I've attached to this post. The save will likely be improved over time so look out for more updates on that.

this is so epic but the lava planet is broken sad face ): but other then thats it realy cool. for that a happy face (:

Are they all on the same map?

Are they all on the same map?

Yes.

this is so epic but the lava planet is broken sad face ): but other then thats it realy cool. for that a happy face (:

The lava world isn't broken, you need to load the environment save linked to on the RTB posting.

I haven't downloaded the map yet RW. I already commented on it via RTB Download Manager, I really like the map. It gives a space feeling.

No atmospheres?

I didn't like the appearance of the DTS shapes and how they were lighted.

I'm experimenting now with adding them back in as an option using RTB Preferences. Currently you can enable/disable the default slate ground using RTB preferences (not in V3 but in my own testing of V4).