Author Topic: Oh god our internet may come to an end.  (Read 9402 times)

Nope, I'm saying that it's not that big of a deal.  It's meant to put piracy sites down, not innocent ones.  That news thing on the OP is just stupid.  "TEHYER GONG TO SHUT DWON YUTUBE" No, they aren't.  It's just for piracy, which, if you haven't noticed, is quite a problem.  There's currently almost no way to shut them down or censor them.
No, that's exactly what you were saying. You don't think it's a big deal to give the government sweeping unchecked powers? What kind of bullstuff are you fed where you think the government always acts in the interest of the people? Even your "innocent" premise reeks of corporate influence in government. Think they're going to stop with just shutting down large pirating sites? Corporations will do anything in the name profit; giving them control of the internet like this guarantees that they will push the limits of their power to control the government and the public.

They really will check your computers via the internet for anything they want. Having no privacy online, and offline they will remove anything they want off your computer like a folder named "Hot Asian Bondage" that will "suddenly" dissapear.

We should quarantine all the political cigarettes.

POP QUIZ:

What runs the United States, and for that matter, the world government?

POP QUIZ:

What runs the United States, and for that matter, the world government?

Corruption? o:

Good guess! Probably that and money.

POP QUIZ:

How long does it take to beat a moron to death?

BEEP. Sorry, times up. You're dead.

:cookieMonster:

No, that's exactly what you were saying. You don't think it's a big deal to give the government sweeping unchecked powers? What kind of bullstuff are you fed where you think the government always acts in the interest of the people? Even your "innocent" premise reeks of corporate influence in government. Think they're going to stop with just shutting down large pirating sites? Corporations will do anything in the name profit; giving them control of the internet like this guarantees that they will push the limits of their power to control the government and the public.
What kinda of bullstuff was I fed?  You're going on about how the whole internet will break down because of government corruption!  Sure, the way that the bill is saying the blacklist would happen is not exactly the best, but it would improve over time.  Currently, we need something in place.  And isn't this the thing where it's all countries involved with this works on the blacklist together?  Or is that another "end of teh world" bill I'm thinking of?

What kinda of bullstuff was I fed?  You're going on about how the whole internet will break down because of government corruption!  Sure, the way that the bill is saying the blacklist would happen is not exactly the best, but it would improve over time.  Currently, we need something in place.  And isn't this the thing where it's all countries involved with this works on the blacklist together?  Or is that another "end of teh world" bill I'm thinking of?

This act is for the United States only.

This act is for the United States only.
Then what was that other one I was thinking of?

Then what was that other one I was thinking of?

Probably this one, which was posted by myself a while ago.

I, in all honesty, wouldn't mind this.

User was banned for this post
You deserved it.

Just to clarify to some certain people, Obama is against this.  It's the stupid house and senate that are causing the problems.