Author Topic: Retail for Vista?  (Read 3810 times)

Is retail gonna work on Vista? Me and Bones4 are installing Vista today and would like to know.

Divided by ten equals five which is how many you posted. :cookieMonster:

Partizan

Why would you bother asking if you obviously seem to know Bones4, he has retail, so after he installs vista, why not just ask him if it worked or not?

Bones4

Why would you bother asking if you obviously seem to know Bones4, he has retail, so after he installs vista, why not just ask him if it worked or not?
\

Because I'm nervous...  I'm scared and don't want to lose my last few moments of beta!

I would laugh so hard if you can't play it.

Bones4

vanilla works just fine on vista, so i don't forsee any problemos.

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm running it on the vista machine here at the office and it appears to be working fine.  Driver support for vista is still a little behind so you gotta be sure you have the latest drivers.

im using the most updated drivers for my card possible (card itself is also up to date)
and theres still a few games that wont run well on vista.

CAN run, but some things can look goofy

i am super sorry that i bumbed a super old topic but i didn't want to make another post about this. my dad boght a Thosiba laptop and it came with a upgrade to windows home premium edition, it didn't come with it installed, we had to send a e-mail, claiming it and we got it this monday. what im worryed is that i can't play with BL on the newly upgraded laptop and i need someone to specificly tell me where do i have to look in my computer to find out if my driver is up to date. If date of purches matters, i got it on christmess.if you need any more info, il be glad to give it to you.

Badspot doesn't do Laptops. Atleast thats what I think you where talking about... Use the Help Board next time...

Badspot

• Administrator
I've run it on 4 different laptops just fine.  One of them had a problem with overheating that would cause it to slow the cpu down to protect itself, but other than that there were no problems.  I showed the game to like a zillion people at GDC using a laptop.  You need at least 512mb of ram and a real video card that supports openGL. 

Vista support is spotty because it's a new OS and the drivers aren't fully developed yet.  I have personally run it with no problems but it's kind of a crap shoot.