Author Topic: Unable to host servers  (Read 4258 times)

In the old Blockland beta I could host servers no problem but Retail won't let me and I cannot Port Forward because my Router has a password my friend put on it and I don't know it.

My Server appears in the Master list but people are unable to join with out timing out.

Badspot

• Administrator
I cannot Port Forward because my Router has a password my friend put on it and I don't know it.

A.  Go ask your friend.

or

B.  Get a paper clip and use it to push the reset button on your router. 

I have the opposite happen to me.
i could never host on v.0002 and in retail, I can! :cookieMonster:

I can host but no one ever comes, I'm not sure if it's a router problem or if no one is on.

Your ports are wrong, or not forwarding, OR your firewall blocked it.

Your ports are wrong, or not forwarding, OR your firewall blocked it.
him or me?

Same problem with me.

No changes have been made to my router settings, and I've tried both with and without firewalls disabled.

My server shows up in the master server, but the ping is always dead.

Badspot Explain your self some thing is weird going on and I'm not liking it.

Badspot

• Administrator
have you tried joining it even though it's displayed as "dead"?

Badspot

• Administrator
It's definitely a port forwarding problem.  Make sure you're forwarding UDP and not TCP

Badspot

• Administrator
I strongly advise against enabling dmz.

Any yeah you have to add your own pc's ip... thats what you're doing forwarding ports to your computer...

I have d-link too but before I go and mess with my router too I have to see if it will run yet.

I dunno what, I did but I accidently got my blockland to host and the router setup was like this:

3 computers connected to router, internet connected to router, not a computer.

I'll just use the other computer to host, as it's in the DMZ.

It will make for the best server ever, with it's 450mhz pentium 3 processor, and it's ability to turn off when you least expect it.

DMZ opens your computer up to anyone. EXTREMELY un-secure.