Author Topic: DANGEROUS VIRUS: Thinkpoint  (Read 2199 times)

Since my computer is already infected and I don't have time to type all this down, here's a copypasta:

For those who don't know about this, I will give you a brief rundown. Google is your best option but then again it would infect you, I will point out why.

As some may already encountered or heard, there is this cunning malware program around that infects your computer without actually installing or requiring you to download anything to its evil bidding. This program usually slips by because of advertisement/java scripts/Browser exploits or merely even pressing a top ranked google page that correlates with your search inquiry.

Now, the program will reboot your OS without question and after it started up, Thinkpoint will seem like a legit Microsoft Security Essential program, but it's not, it gives you false security reports and claims you need to pay 90 USD for some kind of model to have full access to your system. Once more, nothing is wrong with your system, Thinkpoint is. It's basically hijacking your computer and the ransom is money.

I advise every person in this forum board, especially those tech-savvy ones to watch out, NOBODY is safe no MATTER your security package. It baffled many experienced people and caught them off guard, my dad's repair shop is flooded with the machines caught with this Malware.

To combat it, I advise you to download and install MalwareBytes - Anti Malware to see if you are infected or not. Once more, this is NOT a scam. It's intrusive and smart, it's something that hasn't been seen around before according to many. If you are indeed screwed, visit couple of websites that give you more ways to combat the threat when it's already installed.

TL:TR: A highly cunning and sly Malware program is rampant on the internet, it will infect your computer without installing/downloading anything, even a google search page might be a door in. To see if you are infected, install and run Malwarebytes - Anti Malware program to see if you are infected. If you are already hijacked, use several websites to see ways to remove this threat!

Hold me stuffty mcafee, im scared

WHAT THE forget ARE YOU DOING MALWARE BYTES

WHY ARE YOU SCANNING YOURSELF.

GOD DAMN IM SCARED MAN
I HAVE 70 GBs OF GAMES AND stuff ON HERE

GOD DAMN IM SCARED MAN
I HAVE 70 GBs OF GAMES AND stuff ON HERE
GOD DAMN MY HARD DRIVE ISN'T EVEN THAT BIG.

lol tiny hard drive

yay, I just removed it thanks to BleepingComputer.

yay, I just removed it thanks to BleepingComputer.
So how bad was it?

For you I mean..

There have been fake anti-virus programs for so long they now make up a large portion of the viruses that you can get. Also, disable javascript on websites you don't yet trust and have an ad+script blocker on.

And so ended the internet itself.

lolz 300GB drive here... with literally about 225GB of research... The problem isn't really me getting research as much as not having time to clear out the old research I don't actually like. A lot of big videos, too. Movies. Even like 3 games... Although there is a ton of legitimate crap on there.

Anyway, Trojan Remover. Sounds like a virus in itself, but this has proven the most awesome virus destroyer I've ever had. :cookieMonster: Simplyups

Guess i'll hide myself in the forums.

I use malwarebytes already, so thanks for the heads up.