Author Topic: Jets should be changeable  (Read 6015 times)

I'd love to "script and edit them yourself" but all the scripts are encoded. :P
That's why we're asking for a simple command, value or option for it.

I understand, but also understand Badspot just released it. Everythings not going to be perfect. Wait a bit and someone will make a mod or he will add it.

The jets are too slow! It's frustrating when you are building. Is it just me, or do anyone else miss a "freeze in the air" function?

Bones4

The jets are too slow! It's frustrating when you are building. Is it just me, or do anyone else miss a "freeze in the air" function?

Learn to use scaffolding. I missed it at first, but I've grown to be just as happy without it.

Why is everyone comparing this to RTB? This isn't RTB 2.0, its Retail Blockland, an upgrade from 0002. Play that for awhile then compare.

Badspot

• Administrator

The "freeze in the air" button is the absolute worst thing about RTB period.  Not because it's a bad feature but simply because there is a button on the keyboard that makes it impossible for you to move with no feed back as to wtf just happened.  The uninitiated press that button accidentally then have no idea why they can't move or how to fix it. 

Thats happened to me before. Same with the sit button. Also, if you freeze, your unmovable, even with the Bring To function.

I really like the slow jets, as it makes you aware of just how big all those tall builds are, instead of you just zipping to the top in seconds. Enable the jumpjet combo in the controls section, it gets you off to a fast start.

And the freeze function allowed people to go through floors, so thats my main reason for disliking it.

The "freeze in the air" button is the absolute worst thing about RTB period.  Not because it's a bad feature but simply because there is a button on the keyboard that makes it impossible for you to move with no feed back as to wtf just happened.  The uninitiated press that button accidentally then have no idea why they can't move or how to fix it. 

This happened to me so many times. -_- Someone told me what it was finally and I just made it a key I never touched.

The jumpjet combonation Ephialtes said is an easy way to combat the slow jets.

Badspot

• Administrator
The jumpjet combonation Ephialtes said is an easy way to combat the slow jets.

Leet Tribes skills is the other way to combat it. 

The reason there's an option for these sort of things is because it keeps everyone happy, what about a local setting for jets?
With local jets anyone can have thier jets as they like and then a fixed jet speed for Mini-Games.

The reason there's an option for these sort of things is because it keeps everyone happy, what about a local setting for jets?
With local jets anyone can have thier jets as they like and then a fixed jet speed for Mini-Games.

Very good idea if you ask me and if it works.

Solution:

Mappers should put jump pads in all their maps for now on. :cookieMonster:

Why not a hover funktion that make your minifig stay in one spot and move a little upp and down to make it realistic? :D And you leave that state by pressing the jet button.