Problem converting Lego ViceCity to work in Retail

Author Topic: Problem converting Lego ViceCity to work in Retail  (Read 15592 times)

Don't worry I didn't forget about you lol. I'll most likely just send you the files tomorrow anyway (didn't have enough time to do it today) while I try to get the editor working.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:42:34 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Ok, send em to bigbadscum at hotmail dot com. I can't find the login page for my @zerves.com adress xD

Go into Mission editor and reload the textures by going into the painter and clicking the thing that changes the texture, then re-select the one you need.

[EDIT] Damn you Trader, you beat me to it. :cookieMonster:

I had that same problem when I ported a map.
What? Trader beat you to it aswell?

Hey [GSF]Ghost! Long time no see. Map isn't going so good I see... Ketch me on IMs, I'll take a look at it if you're still having trouble with it. It'll give me something to do :P

Let me know, contracts in the profile.

Hey [GSF]Ghost! Long time no see. Map isn't going so good I see... Ketch me on IMs, I'll take a look at it if you're still having trouble with it. It'll give me something to do :P

Let me know, contracts in the profile.
Hey! Ya, I'm having some trouble getting the map to work in retail; thanks for the help though. I'll send the map to both you and Deathwish.
Ok, send em to bigbadscum at hotmail dot com. I can't find the login page for my @zerves.com adress xD
Alright, I'm putting all of the files together now so I'll send it soon.

Just use my MSN e-mail to file send, or I can do file over IM.

Okay the files have been sent. Just send me the terrain file when you are done, and thanks for the help!

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to fix it. I will just add a few more things to it and then I'm finished, so expect it soon. Thanks for trying to help though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:56:17 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Are there still floating buildings?

If you are talking about the buildings that were a couple inches above the terrain, I thought that was only in the beta. I don't remember seeing them in the final release.

I saw at least one while playing in a DM server.

Oh okay. I'm still having some issues getting the map to work properly, but after I fix those problems I'll check for any floating buildings.

Did you replace the old LEGO textures with retail textures? Because you should.

I was thinking about it. I'll experiment with the textures to see how it turns out.

Edit2: For some reason whenever I put down a ghost brick, this happens:
Before

After

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
I am also having a problem getting the water to become transparent. I tried changing the setting in the missions file for surfaceOpacity to 0.5 and lower, but it still doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:34:01 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Can I get an update sent to my e-mail on your interiors?

I just got my thunderbird working again so I just now started looking at the map.