Author Topic: Problem converting Lego ViceCity to work in Retail  (Read 15478 times)

For some reason when I load my lego vicecity map in retail, the terrain appears light blue, instead of having the textures assigned to it. I copied the folder with my textures and the .ter file and put them in the right folders, so I don't know what could be causing this. This is what it looks like:

Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I can fix it? I have been having A LOT of problems getting this map to work, but this is the last thing I need to fix.
I am only using the demo of retail, so I don't have access to the terrain editor.

I'm pretty sure you need the terrain editor because when I converted rtb isles it was like that too until I resaved the terrain with the new texture paths

Try this:

Launch mission with map.  Change textures with texture painter.  Do File -> Save As... <different mission name>.  Then close Blockland and delete the original mission.  Then rename the new one to the original name and launch Blockland again.

I am only using the demo of retail, so I don't have access to the terrain editor.

He doesn't have access to the mission editor, it doesn't work with the demo

then download packers map thing

I think Kaje is right, I need the terrain editor in retail to save the new texture paths.
Can someone help me with this? All I need is for someone to save the new texture paths to my "vice" terrain folder (which I just created to make it easier to transfer the terrain). If anyone wants to help, I'll send them the edited map so they can load it in retail.

What map thing? Did he find a way to make the editor work in Retail?

Retail doesn't have a terrain editor, you have to download Badspot's/Packer's and add it
Can't use it in Demo mode I believe.

I think Kaje is right, I need the terrain editor in retail to save the new texture paths.
Can someone help me with this? All I need is for someone to save the new texture paths to my "vice" terrain folder (which I just created to make it easier to transfer the terrain). If anyone wants to help, I'll send them the edited map so they can load it in retail.

What map thing? Did he find a way to make the editor work in Retail?

Sure, i'll help you :D

Retail doesn't have a terrain editor, you have to download Badspot's/Packer's and add it
Can't use it in Demo mode I believe.
Ya, you can't use the editor in Demo mode, which is going to make it much harder to map for retail (since I won't be able to buy it any time soon).

Sure, i'll help you :D
Thanks! I'll give you the map tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:53:10 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Man, I forgot how uber this map is. Though now that retail is way more optimized, I'd rather see it built out of actual bricks and posted a save. :) Then we could blow the crap out of it with rockets. :D

Man, I forgot how uber this map is. Though now that retail is way more optimized, I'd rather see it built out of actual bricks and posted a save. :) Then we could blow the crap out of it with rockets. :D
Haha, Yeah, Just keep the roads and the terrain. :U

http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=13190.0
That Should work with the Demo But Do not Install it over it, you need to Transfer files etc.

Go into Mission editor and reload the textures by going into the painter and clicking the thing that changes the texture, then re-select the one you need.

[EDIT] Damn you Trader, you beat me to it. :cookieMonster:

I had that same problem when I ported a map.

It would be awesome if someone made it out of bricks, but I don't think anyone sane would attempt it lol, atleast not by themself.

http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=13190.0
That Should work with the Demo But Do not Install it over it, you need to Transfer files etc.
Thanks, I'll download it now and see if it works.

Let's hope it doesn't so i can help  :cookieMonster: