Poll

Good idea?

Yes.
20 (80%)
No.
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Blockland Forums in game via an add-on?  (Read 2875 times)

I thought about this a while ago. First off, it's harder than you seem to think it is. Secondly, there's no way you can match the speed of web browsers or the usability through Torque. Thirdly, So few users would use this that the effort you put into it would be essentially wasted. It's a novelty thing and it'll wear off very fast. Finally, I would move anything that dealt with user's forum passwords straight to the Fail Bin.
Wait...
What if I made my own dimmed down version of the forums and made a browser for that!
It wouldn't get a ton of use, but it's possible, and it'd still be cool.

If someone found a way to hack Chrome into BL it might work alright. Good luck with that.

If someone found a way to hack Chrome into BL it might work alright. Good luck with that.
Whoa.

Well, hello there.

First post in over a year?
Joined in 2005?
Has 1900 posts?
I've never heard of you?
Who are you?

Joined in 2005?
Has 1900 posts?
I've never heard of you?
Who are you?
a moderator
or
a very nice person

Joined in 2005?
Has 1900 posts?
I've never heard of you?
Who are you?
How can you not know who Mocheeze is?

It would be a good idea to have it in Rich Text Format, and have an add-ons that can support the text.

What the stuff.

How can you not know who Mocheeze is?
I'm kinda new here, only been here, oh, five months or so.
He hasn't posted in a year.

Also, I'm thinking of making my own forums, on my own server (NOT HTTP or HTML) and making an add-on that lets people access that, loading speeds would improve greatly, bandwidth wasted will be reduced drastically, passwords can be different than they are here, and the only downside is the possibility of impersonation.

Your new idea is not as good. I would much prefer the standard Blockland forums.

Your new idea is not as good. I would much prefer the standard Blockland forums.
Which can't be done.

Which can't be done.
There has to be a better way, but until then, welcome Steam and Xfire.

Wow, 4 days later would've been an entire year without posting.

I thought that when poor ol' zombie mocheeze stopped posting, that some hunter shotted off his head. :(

Wow, 4 days later would've been an entire year without posting.

I thought that when poor ol' zombie mocheeze stopped posting, that some hunter shotted off his head. :(
No, I just chased him off the forums, and now I have no reason to keep him off.