Author Topic: Can't host  (Read 4365 times)

Ok, I have retail and everything. I didn't realise 'till now that I can't host. Well, I can. Jookia said my server comes up but with a dead ping. I've done everything I can to try to get it to run, I followed your tutorial on port forwaring, I went to portforward.com and went to my router and went to blockland and I tried everything. I can't get it to let people to join! Windows firewall doesn't seem to be blocking it and it has it on allow list anyway. Nothing else is blocking it so it must be a port forward error. I spent like 5 minutes filling out 20 forms to get my stupid D-Link DI-524 to accept it and it still won't work! Why must it be so hard? Please Badspot, halp me!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:51:31 AM by Badspot »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:39:04 PM by Neozuki »

I have the exact same problem, aswell as the exact same router.

Cooincidence?

I think not.

I can help!!
I jsut got my DL-524 to port forward.
First- Reset your router. Ask your parents first, though, incase they use it.
Second- Manage your WIFI settings, you know, Ap name and WEP.
Third- Go to Advanced/Filters
Fourth- Add Blockland, ports 28000-28030 (not too hard) and enable it. Make sure you are allowing and not blocking.

Worse comes to worse, you can update your firmware and I'll send you my config settings.

I'll send a screenshot when I get home of that page, and what you should have done with it.

Bump because I need help. The method wizzard mentioned didn't work and he never posted a screenshot :S

Why should we help you? :D
You tried disabling your firewall or opening ports on it (Router and Computer)

Ok, I have retail and everything. I didn't realise 'till now that I can't host. Well, I can. Jookia said my server comes up but with a dead ping. I've done everything I can to try to get it to run, I followed your tutorial on port forwaring, I went to portforward.com and went to my router and went to blockland and I tried everything. I can't get it to let people to join! Windows firewall doesn't seem to be blocking it and it has it on allow list anyway. Nothing else is blocking it so it must be a port forward error. I spent like 5 minutes filling out 20 forms to get my stupid D-Link DI-524 to accept it and it still won't work! Why must it be so hard? Please Badspot, {halp} me!
                                             /|\
                                              L Whats Halp mean?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:34:44 AM by supercoolbricks123 »

Ok, I have retail and everything. I didn't realise 'till now that I can't host. Well, I can. Jookia said my server comes up but with a dead ping. I've done everything I can to try to get it to run, I followed your tutorial on port forwaring, I went to portforward.com and went to my router and went to blockland and I tried everything. I can't get it to let people to join! Windows firewall doesn't seem to be blocking it and it has it on allow list anyway. Nothing else is blocking it so it must be a port forward error. I spent like 5 minutes filling out 20 forms to get my stupid D-Link DI-524 to accept it and it still won't work! Why must it be so hard? Please Badspot, {halp} me!
/|\
[Whats Halp mean?]
It means "Help"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:42:48 AM by masterlegodude »

I have the same problem, only I have a NETGEAR CG814WG router, I'v done the port forwarding and it still doesn't work. (I would of made a new thread, but this seems like the correct place to put it.)

It worked fine in RTB last time I checked, I'm sure it still does. I never had to port forward for rtb.

Direct connect is the best way.  :cookieMonster:

There's 6 people connected to it and it's upstairs and wireless. Those reasons good enough for that not to work?

You guys use the same Router as me, The DI-524 go here this is what I did.
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-524/Blockland.htm
I hope this helps.