Author Topic: Destruction  (Read 2362 times)

I won't name names but I hope Gastrocnemius's server was saved because there are a couple people in there destroying it, Including the Pirate ship. Just a heads up.

That's what I hate about full trust, it lasts forever.
Badspot, could you make it so that it only lasts for the server the person gave them trust in?
so stuff like that doesn't happen.

How about you don't full trust people you don't fully trust? Use build trust if you don't want to risk your builds.

What's the diff?
we were never told any of this.. I R WANT MANUAL

I got scared then.. It says my name in the topic title D:

F1 is for Manuel, its been that way as long as i can remember Retail and Before

I'm sure he means a manual the explains the different Admin options.

I'm sure he means a manual the explains the different Admin options.
Indeed I do.

Oh, well, Sorry about that the manuel is very basic,
Perhaps someone will make a FAQ sometime :D

When the RTB wiki is back online it will be a perfect place for this stuff.

Badspot

• Administrator
There's a server pref called $Pref::Server::BrickPublicDomainTimeout.  It is the number of minutes it takes for bricks to become public domain after their owner and all of the people they trust have left the server.  This way dedicated servers can be at least somewhat self-cleaning without admin intervention.  The default value is 15 minutes but it should probably be something like 2 or 3 hours.  Just set it to a really high number if you don't want this to happen.

In addition, you should only full trust people that you actually fully trust.  Build trust lets people build on top of your bricks but does not let them destroy your bricks and is a much better alternative.  Currently, painting is considered a "build trust" action but I am considering moving it to "full trust"

I agree.  Painting should be moved to full trust.

Any time where you're modifying someone else's "property" I think you should require full, IMHO.

What's the diff?
we were never told any of this.. I R WANT MANUAL

Wrong. When you recieve a full trust invatation, it tells you that they can destroy bricks, etc.

I agree.  Painting should be moved to full trust.

I agree. espically when you spend long hours on builds.