Author Topic: Moving Bricks and Brick Text.  (Read 7078 times)

Hello,

I'm Forke. I thought I might as well get a new alias with the new version of Blockland.

Lately, I have been playing around with the demo before I buy. I like the new block system, but something that disappointed me is that there was no 'editor wand', in which I could select dimensions for a certain brick/plate. A quick question, is there a way to do this, and I'm just not getting this? I don't want to be marked as a spammer in my reputation.

Ok, now on to the real question. How do I create moving bricks? By moving bricks, I mean have a trigger, and have a brick, select the movement dimension for the movable brick, then the trigger will activate the movement?

Also, how do you attach text to bricks, etc. I remember in RTB you can do this with the wrench, but can you do it in this version?

Thank You,
Something

Both of these features have been removed. The editor Wand will never be seen again.
As for moving bricks, They're going to be added soon by someone. Brick text is possible to ad. But brick Decals are better.

The Editor Wand is not in here because...

A) THIS ISN'T A NEW RTB, IT IS A NEW BLOCKLAND.
B)Badspot and a lot of others(like me) love building lego like it should be...with no
     1)Overlapping Bricks
     2) Floating Bricks(sometimes a hassle)
     3) Bricks stuck in ground/wall.
C) The new bricks do not lag that much at all. So one of the uses of the EW(eliminating lag) is gone.

Generally moving bricks isnt possible, I don't think. Due to face culling, if you move a brick 10 units up on the Z axis, you will be able to see through the bottom of it.

So the answer to that is no for the time being.

Generally moving bricks isnt possible, I don't think. Due to face culling, if you move a brick 10 units up on the Z axis, you will be able to see through the bottom of it.

So the answer to that is no for the time being.
Adding mover propertys would probably seperate the brick from face culling. The actual movement would be tough because all the bricks are stuck to the "grid".

I have a sugestion sort of a compromise. Moving bricks would be less lego like, but what about the legos in life that do alow movement. I made a catapult that shot legos across my house. So make special bricks that can attach normal bricks to them and then have the moving bricks move using lego gears and cross sticks.

I have a sugestion sort of a compromise. Moving bricks would be less lego like, but what about the legos in life that do alow movement. I made a catapult that shot legos across my house. So make special bricks that can attach normal bricks to them and then have the moving bricks move using lego gears and cross sticks.
Sounds cool but if you just want to make a door open why have all the gears?

My thoughts are more of making a door with lego pieces, combining them into one model and then moving it. Would be cool to make huge temple like doors :D

Just make a modle of the lego doors attached to those bricks with the swing sticks on them and have it open and close when a player touches it.

Just make a modle of the lego doors attached to those bricks with the swing sticks on them and have it open and close when a player touches it.

Wrong forum. Please use the GMOD forum.

jookia what are you talking about -.-
Im suggesting a solution on the topic above...

What about toggling collision, it wouldn't be animated, but it could get the job done(or teleports, when someone codes those).