Author Topic: Hookshot  (Read 12134 times)

Like from Zelda :D! Shoot something, be pulled to it. Had it for a while, finally decided to release it...uses the bow models and such so it doesn't require downloading any models and junk. Enjoy, lemme know if thars errors. More info in the readme. (Just extract to BLR folder, readme will be in BLR folder)

And no pics, because it's just the bow, and it's hard to take a picture of you flying around at high speeds with no apparent reason. :D (And if you really want something, I can get fraps again and make some random crappy movie thing)

Note: If you have problems please tell me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:40:29 PM by Aloshi »

Make a model please!

no please
but would you mind if i addeed a particle trail to it?

Go ahead, I'd have made some neat lil' weapon and a trail to go with it myself, but I'm not very expirience'd with graphical stuffs with weapons, and I can't make models. :P

what do you think of this for a hookshot model? This is in the early stages of course.

updated picture
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:58:29 PM by Kaje »

@Kaje: Neat, that looks great! :D (Geez, I wish I had Milkshape xD)

Hmm, anyone got a chain for the trail? :P

nice and blocky!
it would fit right in!

here is the model and modified script for it to work.  I didn't feel like making a weapon icon so it just uses the bows for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2i3jz2m0gtm

Great stuff guys, but we need to put some limitations on this bad boy.  Things like only being able to hook-shot to special hookshot bricks, and limiting the distance of how far it could travel.

Also, in the suggested features category, I think that you should be able to lower yourself to the same distance as the max travel distance.  Then, it would be more realistic for gameplay.

Cool. *takes model*

As for the suggestions by Trader...only being able to hook shot onto special bricks? The one I had on my server in RTB could do that easily. I can do that in here, but...I need to port the wand as well then. Hmm...*looks for a model to use for the wand*
And err, the distance? Thats easy, but I really don't want to. :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:58:59 PM by Aloshi »

Well, you don't need the wand.  Just make a brick specifically  for hookshot points.  Also, the distance limit is important.  Otherwise, it's just kinda ridiculous.

What Variable to I change to make the hookshot not kill you. I want to be able to use it, but still have fall damage, it would be much apreciated.

Now we need Mastershot and Hylian Shield plz.

Here's an item icon to use for the Hookshot:

Note: Because of the way RBL shades the item icons, the hookshot appears all blue.  If anyone can assist me in getting the white to show up in game, that'd be great.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:57:32 AM by Trader »