Flat shaded models.

Author Topic: Flat shaded models.  (Read 5310 times)

Yeah, I dunno how to export my models flatshaded, They always come out smooth shaded and it doesn't fit the style the default items are done. And if I use a MS3d primitive, It doesn't get shaded at all when I export. :|

Edit:
Oops. Move this to General modification help please. :V
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 09:25:43 AM by stevey1000 »

Yeah, I dunno how to export my models flatshaded, They always come out smooth shaded and it doesn't fit the style the default items are done. And if I use a MS3d primitive, It doesn't get shaded at all when I export. :|

Edit:
Oops. Move this to General modification help please. :V

Bump.

Cmon guys, I know atleast one non-badspot knows how to.

Try changing paintable = true; to false in the datablock of the vehicle/whatever if you're not using the blank texture. I'm pretty sure weapons are shaded fine in game.

All of the things I make come out smooth shaded. I want them flat shaded like the defaults. :(

Badspot or Kaje, Please tell me. I've tried everything, From unwelding all the verts, to welding them all.

This is the last time I'm gonna bump it.

with ms3d it involves regrouping and applying smoothing groups but I can't explain how right now, maybe tomorrow if you haven't figured it out already

with ms3d it involves regrouping and applying smoothing groups but I can't explain how right now, maybe tomorrow if you haven't figured it out already
Awesome. Thanks. Perhaps you could make it a tutorial, For anyone else who wonders.

Awesome. Thanks. Perhaps you could make it a tutorial, For anyone else who wonders.

For some reason I dislike your avatar.

And I don't particularly like yours either, But I don't state it in your thread.

In other words: You still don't get it
lol jk xD

I know how to regroup and apply smoothing groups. I just don't know what to do with them. :|

âstrô

thats everything you have to do for smoothing groups. :P