Author Topic: My Christmas PC (Blah blah blah will this build work hue hue)  (Read 2359 times)

That means it's irreplaceable, right?
built into the mobo. they all have it.

So once again I find myself posting here regarding something related to my new computer,  there now follows the build I have so far, any recommendations or warnings or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard
RAM
Processor
Graphics Card
Cooling System
Case
Power Supply
Hard Drive
DVD Drive

That entire post made me cringe. First, don't spend that much on a motherboard unless you tend to do heavy overclocking. Second, the 875k cost so much because of it's unlocked cores. Assuming that you don't know what that means, you will get the exact same performance with the 860. No reason to even buy a CPU cooler. The stock cooler will keep it under 40c.

Can you actually afford this?

Buying a new computer is for unexperienced. If you are a more experienced computer used, it costs less money to get the parts individually. I don't think you need a new Power Supply or Case, these already full up some $. DVD Drive? Wtf almost everyone has one. Graphics Card? Well maybe, unless you have a better one already. Cooling System? Unless there are more cooling vents, I wouldn't go for this, unless I want a new cooling system...
I think you will already save around 40$ for the stuff I listed, I have no idea how they would cost individually.
Actually there are 2 things a full computer offers: 1. You don't need to replace / insert parts in it, I think. 2. There's usually a discount, but if you want to make small changes it's not recommended.

I run on:
Motherboard: P4GPL-X Asus.
RAM: 2 x DDR1 ports. ; 1.5 GB.
Video Card: DDR2 EN9400GT Nvidia (-Asus).
Processor: I don't even, Pentium IV Single core 3.00 GHz.
DVD Wr- none apparently, dad uses mine because his DVD Writer (/reader) broke.
And other stuff I don't know about, never wanted to know about really.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:52:49 AM by LeetZero »

Buying a new computer is for unexperienced. If you are a more experienced computer used, it costs less money to get the parts individually. I don't think you need a new Power Supply or Case, these already full up some $. DVD Drive? Wtf almost everyone has one. Graphics Card? Well maybe, unless you have a better one already. Cooling System? Unless there are more cooling vents, I wouldn't go for this, unless I want a new cooling system...
I think you will already save around 40$ for the stuff I listed, I have no idea how they would cost individually.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. If its a case from a prebuilt computer chances are it isnt micro atx or atx mobo. The psu is probally like 350 watts which is stuff